Peugeot 306 XTDT alarm - Kennyboy
Hi

Read with interest the following link and wondered if anyone (M.M. ??) who contributed is still around to help me as I think my problem is related to this.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/?f=4&t=9597 .

My daughter bought one of these cars Saturday. This afternoon I swapped the aftermarket JVC headunit for her Sony one no problem, all works fine. Then spent some time cleaning it , hoovering it out etc.

Went to start it up after finishing and the battery was very low (had doors open all afternoon cleaning and doing the stereo) and it wouldn't start and the alarm went off, twice (I think twice is normal).

Had a look to see if I could see anything obvious and under the fuse box are some wiring harness connectors and there was a large yellow wire hanging loose. I think I may have disturbed this when fumbling for the bonnet release catch.

Anyway read the thread above and saw the reference to the wiring connectors under the back seat behind the drivers seat. I had a look and the connectors are the same type as under the fuse box and there is a large yellow wire on one of the connectors however the other wires don't seem to correspond to the same positions but I am strongly suspecting that the yellow wire has something to do with the problem.

Now I have 4 questions

1) can anyone describe to me which connector under the fuse box and which position the yellow wire goes in ?
2) would the fact that the battery is very low make the alarm go off when you try to start it )the old starter clicking sounn - like a ratchet?). If I charge the battery will it all be OK
3) can anyone help with the key to turn off the alarm system under the bonnet?
4) any other help or suggestions

I would be very grateful for any help.

Many thanks in advance !

Ken
Peugeot 306 XTDT alarm - thomp1983
low battery will cause no end of trouble with peugeot electrics. can't elp with the yellow wire although ill look at mine 2mrw. carge the battery, after that alarm may want resetting, put the key in turn ingnition on, alarm will probaly go off, press the button next to where keys goes in, alarm should stop then remove key and lock/unlock car with remote locking all should be fine

chris