Chevrolet Matiz SE+ - charla
I recently purchased a pre owned` Matz SE+ from a large french vehicle dealer in Edinburgh. Has anyone any experiences good or bad with this car? Also no body will give me any info as to the previous owner was. Would like to contact them for any info.
Thanks and regards

Chas
Chevrolet Matiz SE+ - Armitage Shanks {p}
HJ's comments here

www.honestjohn.co.uk/index.php?url=/carbycar/index...m

I thought the previous owner's name and adress were on the V5.

Chevrolet Matiz SE+ - stunorthants26
I owned a 1998 Daewoo version which I did 55k in 2.5 years in - only thing that ever went wrong was the alternator at 44k. Presuming the newer versions got better, not worse?
Chevrolet Matiz SE - charla
No owners details on the V5
Chevrolet Matiz SE+ - Armitage Shanks {p}
Ok - go to Car by car breakdown, click on Daewoo, click on Matiz and read what comes up! I still think the previous owner's details are on the V5 - if they aren't you can get them from DVLA if you can make a case for needing them.
Chevrolet Matiz SE+ - MichaelR
My grandmother insists on buying a new one every 2 years. She now has the latest model.

It is truely dire. I fail to understand why people spend thousands of pounds on cars as utterly awful as these. I can only assume they simply cannot be bothered to walk further than the local Chevrolet dealer, as there is no other explanation as to why anyone of sound mind would buy one of these truely horrible cars.
Chevrolet Matiz SE+ - kievclive
Drove one over here during the winter, a few years ago. It was then 5 yars old and managed the winter conditions very well - only problem was wheel rim damage caused by potholes.

As a small city car it seems fine - long journeys must be a buzzy nightmare.
Chevrolet Matiz SE - Armitage Shanks {p}
If it is pre-owned ie you are not the first owner then the previous owner's details should be on the V5 - maybe it was preowned by a dealer but something should be on there SFAIK.
Chevrolet Matiz SE - BobL
I believe they have a tendancy to blow head gaskets even at relatively low mileage.. Not quite sure of the more recent ones though
Chevrolet Matiz SE - stunorthants26
I believe they have a tendancy to blow head gaskets even at relatively low mileage..
Not quite sure of the more recent ones though<<

Prob the low mileage that causes it - my very early car (98) had no such problems and I really gave it the beans, as you had to, esp as mine had air con.
Chevrolet Matiz SE+ - graham woods
Hi there, Charla, I have just sold mine. I ran it 6 months, the only few problems i had was the drivers electric window packed up, due to a bad connection on the switch, a water leak from one of the heater pipes, a total sod to get at (Garage job) and ingress of water into the car which was a nightmare to find, but found it in the end. Apart from that I found it reliable, easy to park, fine on the motorway at 75 and very comfy seats. Hope this helps, Cheers, Graham.