Winter tyres - when to buy? - Ruperts Trooper
Because one of our hobbies takes us out a lot in winter to hillier parts of the UK I finally decided to get a set of winter tyres this year. I've bought a secondhand set of 4 alloy wheels for £50 and just need 4x Goodyear UltraGrip 7 185/65 15T, £162 delivered from My Tyres, plus local fitting charges .

Is it best to get them now when demand is low or wait until the autumn and hope that production is ramped up?
Winter tyres - when to buy? - Harmattan
My experience late October last year was that I decided on the Goodyears as best for my wife's Jimny. Since snow or ice are not high priorities in West Africa I put off ordering until I was back on leave in the second week of December. The Goodyears were all gone on Mytyres and there was nothing like the choice there is at the moment. The Nokian WR I went for is a good alternative that is supposed to wear well all year round but I would have preferred the Goodyears. If you want to choose, get them earlier rather than later because Mytyres winter tyres come from their German depot and they will be supplying the whole of Continental Europe where winter tyres can be compulsory come late autumn/early winter. I assume your price is wrongly quoted for four Ultragrips.
Winter tyres - when to buy? - Ruperts Trooper
Thanks for the benefit of your experience - the price was correct two days ago for Goodyear UltraGrip 7 185/65 R15 88T M+S, today they've gone down slightly to £40.30 each including VAT and UK delivery.
Winter tyres - when to buy? - Harmattan
You are absolutely right. I checked the price based on the 205 size for our car and never thought they would be anything like 25 pounds per tyre more than 185s which seem very reasonable to me.
Winter tyres - when to buy? - Peter D
It depends where you are in the country my tyre warehouse runs out of winters in August, Central belt Scotland. Regards Peter
Winter tyres - when to buy? - doctorchris
Looked at winter tyres for my Panda 4x4 on Mytyres and can't believe the choice available. Does anybody know which tyres would suit best. They don't list the Bridgestone Duelers fitted originally. These have performed well.