Rejecting a car tomorrow, help needed. - WipeOut
Hi,

I've read a few website, and HJ FAQ's on rejecting a car but still require a bit of advice. I'm purposely not mentioning the car, manufacture or the dealer as there is no benefit in it, but it is a respected make and car (but hasn't done too well in customer satisfaction surveys).

I bought the car in late February, and from the first week it had many issues. It's twice been to the garage and there hasn't been any real progress. On both times I've written to the dealer listing the problems, providing evidence, and said that I wish to reject the car under the sales of good act, but without prejudice I will give them an opportunity to fix the car.

Problems include
1) Squealing clutch when blocking changing down.
2) Noisy gearbox, when labour in 1st/2nd gear.
3) Automatic wipers (go bezerk), automatic climate (which can't regulate the temperature) and automatic lights (always on) which don't work properly (I've owned other cars where they operate satisifactorily).
4) Car unlock itself, and not locking up properly.
5) Various vibrations noise and rattles.
6) Petrol engine which sometimes at start up sounds like diesel, and makes loud tapping noises on idle.
7) And a few other less problems......

Today it has been inspected by a representitive of the manufacture, and they say it's fine, however on a previous test drive the mechanic did experience some of the faults above, and I have some video evidence that I have submitted. Tomorrow I am meeting with the manager to discuss rejection.

I've had many new cars before, but never have I been so disatisified.

If they refuse my rejection and won't allow a refund, what do I do? Do I just give them the V5 and keys and walk home, and involve solicitors. If so what are my chances of getting my money back? Any advice on how to handle a successful rejection.

I'm quite upset and stressed about this as it is a near £20k car and would appreciate some help please.

WipeOut
Rejecting a car tomorrow, help needed. - madf
Is it new and under make'rs warranty?
madf
Is it new and under make'rs warranty?
madf

Yes it it, 6 weeks old.
Rejecting a car tomorrow, help needed. - boxsterboy
Have you tried taking the car to another franchised dealer? Maybe their mechanics might be better than the supplying dealer's.
Have you tried taking the car to another franchised dealer? Maybe
their mechanics might be better than the supplying dealer's.

I've lost confidence in the car and want to get rid of it. I haven't got time to keep visiting garages, that is why I bought a new car.
Rejecting a car tomorrow, help needed. - The Purifier
Can I guess it's a Merc or VW? I'm intrigued to know what car it is
Rejecting a car tomorrow, help needed. - nortones2
Its a MINI R56 - I'd guess from the array of issues. Have you looked at MINI 2 for help?
Yes, I've had a look at that forum.
Rejecting a car tomorrow, help needed. - rjr
I'm quite upset and stressed about this as it is a
near £20k car and would appreciate some help please.
WipeOut

I'd be upset too if it happened to me for a second time.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=46120
Rejecting a car tomorrow, help needed. - Dalglish
... I'd be upset too if it happened to me for a second time.

:: ;-) :: rjr - lookout for vin {p} ! :: ;-) ::

Rejecting a car tomorrow, help needed. - Vin {P}
"lookout for vin {p}"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I'd be upset too if it happened to me for a
second time.
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=46120

Hmm, I got that car sorted, and bought a new one. Wish I held on to it.