EGR valve and Vacuum pump (Vectra) - brumas
I have a Vectra 2.0 DI LS (diesel) from 97, that I bought in second hand one year ago. Since I bought after some miles the Engine Management light (EML) pop up and the power is reduced, but even without the light on the car is not to much responsive specially after reaching 3000 revs it seems that the acceleration its slowly.

After the EML pop up the "P1125 - Critical System Malfunction 2" is stored in the ECU. I have been doing some research and found some possible causes, so I though and realize that would be the EGR Valve, I start asking quotes in eBay and other places and because of the confusion about which EGR valve would be on of them send me two diagrams with the possible valves or pumps, in one of them I could see a valve that I couldn?t see in my car, I rechecked in the car and I just could see the place where the valve was supposed to be and the pipe from the vacuum pump was blocked with a Hailey key. I?m talking about the Solenoid vacuum valve that open and close a butterfly valve in the inlet manifold. I realize that finally I could find the problem, so I bought the valve and before fixing I just try it to see if everything was working properly and notice that after push the throttle the actuator of the valve goes down but immediately comes to his initial position even if the engine is working in high revs. I think that this is not normal, so what is the problem? Is the Vacuum pump not socking enough? How can I know if the vacuum strength it?s with the right strength? Is there a simple way to know about that?

I would be very appreciated if someone can help me with this problem.

Regards,
Jony
EGR valve and Vacuum pump (Vectra) - Number_Cruncher
You need a vacuum gauge. They aren't too expensive, your local motor shop should have one.

Number_Cruncher
But what you think? Is it normal the vacuum valve actuator going down and immediately coming up? That means that the vacuum was available for a little while and don?t make sense to me because the valve its to widen or narrow the air intake in the inlet manifold
EGR valve and Vacuum pump (Vectra) - jc2
EGR won't be operating at no load(even if revved) or high load;if you are going to check the vacuum signal you need to be driving the car normally.You may get a vacuum "spike" if you suddenly open the throttle but you need a steady signal to check the operation.
Thanks a lot, I just found that its a leak in the pipe or the connector. Now I just need to know where I can buy one.
Thanks a lot
EGR valve and Vacuum pump (Vectra) - dieselnut
The EGR valve won't be causing any problem unless it is sticking open. Why not blank it off on the manifold & see if it makes any difference to the performance. EGR is only to reduce emissions when it works but increases emissions when it fails.
EGR valve and Vacuum pump (Vectra) - Screwloose
After the EML pop up the "P1125 - Critical System Malfunction
2" is stored in the ECU. I have been doing some
research and found some possible causes, so I though and realize
that would be the EGR Valve,

Er; no. That code is for the turbo wastegate control solenoid circuit.

I'm talking about the Solenoid vacuum valve that open and close a
butterfly valve in the inlet manifold.

That's the inlet air control actuator; not the EGR valve

>>I realize that finally I could find the problem

Not yet you haven't. Still; it's worth checking the vacuum level before going any further. You need to see at least 21 to 23 inches of mercury directly from the pump at idle.

Make sure that the little filter on the turbo control solenoid [back of the engine bay on the bulkhead] isn't blocked and all the vacuum hoses are sound.

EGR valve and Vacuum pump (Vectra) - Number_Cruncher
>>it's worth checking the vacuum level before going any further

I fully agree - it's not unknown the vacuum pump to fail and not be able to produce enough vacuum.

Number_Cruncher