Citroen C3 - Refilling the Oil - Everybody's Fool
I recently bought a Citroen C3, 2003, and all has been running fine. Went to top up the oil and on taking the cap off found that I couldn't. The reason being that underneath the cap, within the circumference below the cap, was a sort of up-side-down "T", which was quite chunky. I appreciate this is best described by picture, however I don?t have that option on this forum, though I can provide a photo if needed.

I do not want to run out of oil, particulary whilst driving, so all suggestions as to a way around this problem are greatly welcomed?

Thanks

EF
Citroen C3 - Refilling the Oil - LeePower
The oil level gauge on start up plus the dip stick under the bonnet are a handy guide to the oil level.

You trying to say that the oil filler cap has come apart or you mean the metal splash shield inside the rocker cover? 1.1, 1.4 or 1.6 petrol by chance?
Citroen C3 - Refilling the Oil - bathtub tom
Seems easier than a '97 Micra gearbox oil.
I'm currently doing daughters CVs. It's dead easy to drain the gearbox (or at least enough not to spill EP80 everywhere when pulling out the driveshafts).
The filler is the speedo drive, positioned down low, at the back of gearbox. You have to remove the air filter box just to get a decent shot at it!
I've found half a metre of old heater hose that fits snugly in the hole, and a small funnel. How long's it going to take to get three litres of cold hypoid down there?
Citroen C3 - Refilling the Oil - madf
Immerse your hypoid oil container in a baisin of warm water for 30 minutes first.
madf
The oil cap is fine, its what's underneath it which is a hurdle. If it is a splash shield how is it removed to put the oil into the motor?

Its a 1.4 petrol.

Thanks
Citroen C3 - Refilling the Oil - LeePower
You dont need to touch the splash shield, just pour the oil in slowly through the hole & it will find its way happily down to the sump;.

OK thanks Lee, will do.

Help much appreicated.

EF
Citroen C3 - Refilling the Oil - Dalglish
.. however I don?t have that option on this forum, though I can provide a photo if needed. ..

you may do so here (or the moderators may help if you can't):
groups.msn.com/honestjohn/problems.msnw
Citroen C3 - Refilling the Oil - Kingpin
You will have to pour the oil in very slowly or it will fill up and spill out over the engine. Use a funnel and put a little in each time before checking dipstick. Far easier that way than over-filling.