pug 106 new brake pads/shoes - milkyjoe
hi, ive been asked to renew the brake pads / shoes on a peugeot 106, is it a straight forward job or do i need special fitting tools ,i havnt been to the library yet for a haynes on the subject,any help appreciated,thanks
pug 106 new brake pads/shoes - LeePower
One tip is find out which pads you need on the front first as Peugeot used a few different types / makes of front callipers over the years & the pads are not interchangeable between them.

Just had this issue with my 206, I knew what type I needed but the parts guys at the factors still insisted it wouldn't be the ones that I asked for.

You should be able to pick up a set of Ferodo Premier front pads for £20 or under from your local motor factors.
pug 106 new brake pads/shoes - milkyjoe
thanks , ive got a haynes il have a butchers
pug 106 new brake pads/shoes - sierraman
Most good factors will let you take different sets of pads and refund for the ones you don't use,as long as you don't get oily marks all over the packaging.
pug 106 new brake pads/shoes - madf
Depending upon the caliper type, the slides can rust .. and stick and be an absolute pain ...
madf
pug 106 new brake pads/shoes - bell boy
also make sure you put the slides back in the right way without brute force and you use a propietry split pin type article through the hole

thats if they are slides as i cant remember?
or are they pins?
whatever clean everything up before disasembly so that you dont break anything because of rust/mud contamination

(best thing ever invented? brake cleaner..wonderful stuff,great for getting stains off seats as well)
pug 106 new brake pads/shoes - dan_b
just thought i would mention changin the rear shoes can b a bit of a pain in the backside sometimes the inner part on the hub bearin can get seized onto the shaft and if u use a 3 leg puller to get the drum off u can break the drum i had this problem on my m8's car he had to get a grinder to the drum and gwet a new drum hope this helps