Car Insurance - plant1983
My car insurance renewal reminder came today, it's £91 more than last year (700 compared to 609) yet I have made no claims, had no accidents etc etc

So I called them and asked them why the big increase and it turns out it's because the area I live in has become more dangerous...

No chance of any discount.

Bit annoyed really.
Car Insurance - LHM

I assume you've tried the 'multiple search' sites like moneysupermarket.com and confused.com etc. ??
Yeah i tried confused.

Got one quote a little cheaper but not alot and the excess was 3 times my current excess.

Looks like I'm going to have to pay it and then look for a cheaper car to insure. I'm 23 and driving a 2litre Mondeo so I suppose i look like trouble to the insurance companies.....truth is I need a car with a big boot for my drums!
Car Insurance - Armitage Shanks {p}
I had something similar re house insurance; my premium was up 12% with no claims of any sort. I rang them up and got a lot of guff about storm damage and increased claims overall. I said I hadn't made any claims, hadn't been storm damaged and could get a quote to beat theirs and they came down to last year's preium on the spot.. Get haggling with your present insurer I recommend! Good luck
Car Insurance - Falkirk Bairn
>>truth is I need a car with a big
boot for my drums!

>>

If you are a professional or semi-professional drummer this has more to do with the high premium than a 2 litre Mondeo!!

Insurance comapnies do not like:
Footballers, actors, scrap metal merchants, musicians,

They like:
Teachers, Vicars, Policemen/women,civil servants etc
No i'm not a pro drummer. I play the odd gig here and there but nothing major! Unfortunately it's not my occupation :-(

I tried to see if my insuance company would lower the price and i got nowhere.....I won't name and shame. The cheapest quote I've found so far is with Bell insurance, £560.

Anyon had any experience with them?

Cheers
Car Insurance - Bill Payer
Bell insurance, £560.
Anyon had any experience with them?

They're part of the Admiral group. I've given them quite a bit of money over the last few years (on behalf of my daughters) which they seem good at taking, but thankfully not needed to make a claim other than a windscreen within a few days of taking out the first policy with them. Which they didn't moan about.

Whenever we've had insurance quotes from Admiral group companies (Diamond, Elephant etc) Admiral themselves are always a little cheaper.

Admiral own Confused.com - run your details through that, but last time I did this (few wks ago) it gave Diamond as the cheapest. I then ran the quote through Admirals quote system and they were cheaper.

I'm guessing 1983 is your birth year? Admiral are generally cheaper if you add an older named driver (as long as their licence is clean). So check the price if you out your Mum or Dad on the policy.