fitting a temp sensor to a 306 - wntic
I have a early mark 2 and I was wondering if i could fit a temp sensor to it. I have been to a scrap yard and got a clock with a temp gauge on it because my old one broke and it was the only one I could get so now im wondering if its easy to do:S and if it a case of plugging in a sensor to a port and the pug will already have the rest in it:S any help would really be appreciated
Tom
fitting a temp sensor to a 306 - jark68
What year is it ? I have just replaced the front end of a 1999 mark2. The new radiator has got a temp switch in it. But I am at a loss to find where it wires into. I know this doesn't help you, but I have been doing it for 6 months and I can't remember if it had the switch before. I have seen some models where it wires into the fan housing, but there is no spare wire on my replacement fan unit. So I would like some advice on this subject of anyone as well please.
fitting a temp sensor to a 306 - Collos25
Are you sure its not the fan sensor.
fitting a temp sensor to a 306 - jark68
To be honest I'm not sure what it is for, I was hoping the previous poster had the same model.
Some of the other 306s that I have seen, have a wire that splits off the fan connection wire to go to the rad. My wire doesn't split, it just goes straight into the connection.
I don't want to hijack the original post, I was just hoping for some info from them.
hhhmmm mines a 1997 very very early mark two i.e its got mark 1 and two bits on it, i have no idear about the radiator temp sensor, i can have a look but im not sure mine has one two as mine was a crashed one when i got it and i have to redo the forunt and saw nothing.

Just abit of help in the wires coing into the back of the clock/temp guage there is a wire missing, by desin i would say is this anything to do with my quest to fit a outside temp sensor to a car that didnt have one on before?

tom
fitting a temp sensor to a 306 - ChrisMo
Just abit of help in the wires coing into the
back of the clock/temp guage there is a wire missing, by
desin i would say is this anything to do with my
quest to fit a outside temp sensor to a car that
didnt have one on before?

do you want to fit an outside temp sensor? This is built into one of the door mirrors as far as I know.

fitting a temp sensor to a 306 - LeePower
Outside temp sensor is clipped into passenger side mirror, white plug with 2 red wires if I cast my mind back many years.

The its a case of plugging the correct clock unit in, you may find the other plug is already there clipped up out the way for the clock & temp display, the 405 is like that & uses the same clock, both plugs on the loom but you connect up the one that fits the clock you have.

If your lucky the loom from the passenger door to the back of the clock will already have the wires in for the outside temp sensor, fingers crossed it has.
hhmmmm i ant found any spair loom:s or a sersor in my miror. does this mean i have to buy one?
fitting a temp sensor to a 306 - LeePower
Have a look in the passenger door behind the mirror trim / door card for a spare plug with 2 wires in not connected up, if its there that will be the temp sensor plug.

You dont have to buy one, just go down the local scrapyard & have a look in the pile of Peugeot / Citroen stuff & take your pick, the sensor is only clipped inside the mirror.