Insurance - including european use - adverse camber
Hi,

My insurance is due shortly and as we are expecting to spend a reasonable amount of time in France this year (about 5 trips of 7-10days or £100 worth at the rate my current insurer charges for foreugn cover) I am interested in which companies provide full european cover - not just green card 3pft stuff - at reasonable rates or included in their standard policy.

I am not old enough to be of interest to SAGA.

I know this has been covered before, but these things do change so I am interested in recent / current experience.

thanks
Insurance - including european use - Bromptonaut
Elephant neither charge for nor require notice of foreign visits.
Insurance - including european use - PR {P}
Im with Norwich Union, they charged me a falt fee to include it, I think it was £25.
Insurance - including european use - turbo11
I paid £30 extra on my premium for full european cover last year.This covered multiple trips throughout the year,rather than a one off trip.I was with Eagle Star
Insurance - including european use - gsb
I am with Prudential, which is now underwritten by Churchill. They include fully comp for europe inclusive in premium. I double checked with them before going away at xmas.
Insurance - including european use - Collos25
Lloyds TSB are touting for business at the moment lowest renewal premium I could find with 90 days free European cover.
Insurance - including european use - No FM2R
>>not just green card 3pft stuff

Wrong way around. Green Cards, where they are used, give you your normal full policy cover. Without them you may be restricted to TP only cover, or indeed nothing, depending on the country and your policy conditions.

Insurance - including european use - jc2
And this may consist of the absolute minimum,third party personal cover only-ie. not their property-what used to be known in the UK as RTA(Road Traffic Act).
Insurance - including european use - Dulwich Estate
Churchill
Insurance - including european use - Robbie
Liverpool Victoria allow you up to180 days per journey. This is included in your premium and you do not have to inform them of intended visit.

My insurance was due in December and I couldn't find another company that was as competitive so renewed with them.
Insurance - including european use - adverse camber
Thanks everyone.

that gives me something to do tomorrow - hit the phones.

Insurance - including european use - SjB {P}
With a trip to Belgium at the end of this month and another to Czech Republic from May to July, some weeks ago I called my Broker (Adrian Flux) to notify that our V70 would be abroad on these dates. In return, a letter in lieu of Green Card arrived that simply asked me to take my policy with me when I travel.

Prompted by this thread however, I just called Adrian Flux back to check level of cover. Response was that I can drive anywhere in the EU without informing them and automatically receive third party cover, but if I call them first (as I had done) then I get full policy cover.

The charge for this? Nothing, to my surprise, especially as my policy is for a declared modified car with very considerable power increase.
For the record my insurer is Norwich Union.