Radweld / K-Seal, Kalimix - gsb
Another thread mentioned K-seal Kalimix. I have not heard of this, in our collective experts opinion what is the best temporary sealer. A few said it should not be used on modern engines. How new are we talking about.? Swmbo's 95 405 td's rad is leaking a fair bit. We are off on hols (not in it) next tuesday and I won't have time to replace it before new year. A temporary fix would be very useful.

Many thanks
Radweld / K-Seal, Kalimix - graham woods
Hi there gsb. I have just used this in my 1999 daewoo matiz, and it is looking hope-full. i think i have a leaking heater matrix, as my carpet was very wet on the drivers floor. Cheap at £8.99. if it works. I will know for certain in the next couple of days or so, and will let you know the result, cheers, Graham.
Radweld / K-Seal, Kalimix - Victorbox
K-seal seems to be a "miracle cure" for severe leaks like head gasket leakage & the like - if this is possible.

www.kalimex.co.uk/section.html?secpath=01.04.&pgid...7

I've used Radweld on a leaking radiator in a Mk3 Cavalier (about the same era as a 405) without blocking things like the heater matrix. Repair lasted about 18 months.
Radweld / K-Seal, Kalimix - graham woods
Hi there, have you used it, and has it worked ? Cheers, Graham.
Radweld / K-Seal, Kalimix - Martin1981
I recommended Radweld for my mate's Mk3 Cavalier about 6 months ago when he discovered that his radiator was leaking and that seems to have solved the problem. Looking at the condition of the rad on my 306, I don't think It'll be long before I'll be needing Radweld. Coolant is due for a change in March so if rad is leaking by then I'll probably bite the bullet and change it. Before I replaced the previous rad over 3 years ago, Radweld seemed to solve the problem for a month or two before it pretty much got to the stage whereby the rad wouldn't hold water at all and replacement was the only way out before cooking the engine.

Martin
Radweld / K-Seal, Kalimix - Civic8
problem with additives in modern rads/ heater matrix ,is the cooling pipes are much thinner/smaller than of older cars,so any leakage that has been blocked by additives tends to block the whole pipe rather than just the Hole.

So I would be very carefull what I used it on!
--
Steve
Radweld / K-Seal, Kalimix - Cass1234

K-Seal claims a lot of things, but doesn't seem to be very willing to back them up.

I would stick with Radweld, or if the head gasket is the issue, Radweld Plus. Radweld is a product that has been around for years, and as a veteran of the auto aftermarket, I know that Holts are always more than willing to back their products.

Radweld / K-Seal, Kalimix - 1litregolfeater

Just stick an egg in the radiator. It has to be raw, not cooked, and ensure that the engine is cold.

Radweld / K-Seal, Kalimix - Peter D

K-Seal is the way to go, if you really have to use anything. It is quite different to Radweld and does not block up the fine channels in the heat exchanger. Regards Peter

Radweld / K-Seal, Kalimix - madf

K-Seal is the way to go, if you really have to use anything. It is quite different to Radweld and does not block up the fine channels in the heat exchanger. Regards Peter

+1

Used Kseal successfully in a 106 with failing HG - lasted another 10k miles before it failed properly..

Radweld / K-Seal, Kalimix - Galaxy

I sealed the leak on the radiator on my Ford Mondeo using K-Seal. Bars Leaks had previously failed to do the job but the K-Seal was successful.

Edited by Galaxy on 10/10/2012 at 18:58

Radweld / K-Seal, Kalimix - 1litregolfeater

an egg = 10p

radweld = £1

bars leaks = £1 (yes I know an egg is better)

so how much is the new wonder cure, snake oil?