Mondeo TDCI - is it 115hp or 130hp? - Stevejb
Amyone know how to tell the difference between a 115hp and 130hp Mondeo TDCI (other than the stickers under the bonnet?).

I'm looking at buying one on an 02 plate - the seller insists that it's a 130, when I went to get an insurance quote the insurer said that it was a 115. The under-bonnet stickers are missing.

Thanks

Steve
Mondeo TDCI - is it 115hp or 130hp? - fossyant
It can be both ?

Not sure how you tell, but Zetec S and Ghia / Titanium are generally 130 (generally not 100%) LX/Zetec usually 115 but can be 130 too.
Mondeo TDCI - is it 115hp or 130hp? - jc2
It will have a different engine code on the VIN plate;a dealer will tell you which is which.
Mondeo TDCI - is it 115hp or 130hp? - tanvir
Insurers are useless - they thought our old 2001 Passat TDI PD100 (facelift model) was a 90
Mondeo TDCI - is it 115hp or 130hp? - Stevejb
Thanks for the rapid answers guys. I'll try a dealer and see if they can help.
Mondeo TDCI - is it 115hp or 130hp? - Walton2
I'd try a few insurers, you'll want some comparison quotes anyway. If they all say 115 and the seller says 130 I'd walk away. They might not be the brightest people (the insurers) but they have access to official manufacturers data. No stickers on the car and disputes over engine suggests to me it's iffy.
Mondeo TDCI - is it 115hp or 130hp? - caesar
Dont rely on insurance for information.
When i put my registration into one company it came back with multiple cars and wanted to know which one was mine?
Mondeo TDCI - is it 115hp or 130hp? - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
And they deny a 2001 Mazda 323F was ever made. As above, some data bases deny my car ,a 2001 Passat PD100 exists.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
Mondeo TDCI - is it 115hp or 130hp? - kithmo
On the 130 you can see the vacuum capsule that operates the variable vane turbo sticking up, above the turbo, pointing towards the front of the car. IIRC the 115 has a fixed vane turbo on an 02 reg with a similar vacuum capsule that operates the wastegate but this is lower and facing across the car.
Mondeo TDCI - is it 115hp or 130hp? - kithmo
Sorry, scrub the above answer, the 130 TDCi is definitely Variable vane but the 115 TDCi could be either.