Nissan spares - Price surprise - Dave N
This is a turn up for the books. Bought an oil and fuel filter for a Nissan from the main dealer, and both were cheaper than Halfords own (quality?) brand.
Re: Nissan spares - Price surprise - David W
Dave,

Yes the main dealers can do it now and again. Renault (for example) are very good on routine filters, suspension bushes and shock absorbers at present.

They get it all back on electric window switches though!

David
Re: Nissan spares - Price surprise - Andy Bairsto
The same as Citroen buy filters in bulk at a really good price ,and you then have to pay a fortune for the drivers electric window switch.
and Vauxhall too ! - Adam Going (Tune-Up Ltd)
Always worth keeping an eye on the dealer prices. Vauxhall are generally very good, especially if you are a "Trade Club" member. Why fit pattern parts when OE are cheaper, with a better margin ?

Had a major embarrasment once with a Bedford Midi air filter. I bought one from local Partco as they were just round the corner from the job. Approx £16 to me, with a suggested retail of £26 ish. Can't bring myself to take the p**s with customers, so charged it out at £18. Customer rings the next day to say that, as a retail customer, he could buy the same filter for £12 ish at local Vauxhall dealer. Whoops !

Regards, Adam