vw golf mk4 wing mirror - ajsdoc
Anyone ever bashed the wing mirror on a golf. The mirrors are colour coded but I seem to have just broken the plastic cover of the wing mirror - glass and motor assembly are OK. Will phone main dealer tomorrow but just wonder whether anyone knows if the cover can be purchased seperately (plus if they know the rough price I'll be prepared!)

Thanks in advance.
vw golf mk4 wing mirror - bell boy
look on that internet auction site you might find some snazzy chrome covers cheaper than your dealers price---------
last vw mirror cover i needed it was cheaper to buy from an aftermarket dealer a mirror complete with electrics and one can of halfords paint than what the cover cost at the dealer plus it still wanted painting--
if you understandy me?
vw golf mk4 wing mirror - George Porge
I did the same as you on a VW loan car £104 for colour coded cover, black piece at the bottom and mirror glass. No time to fix it myself before returning to the dealer, the other car turned his lights off and continued :-(
Well I needed the cover (comes just primed) and a black piece of plastic. I had the option of getting the cover sent away to be painted for £50. I therefore opted to buy the cover, plastic bit, paint and lacquer - total price £38, less than I imagined.

I've painted the cover in the garage tonight - doesn't look too bad, a little dull but I'm hoping that will improve as the lacquer dries.
vw golf mk4 wing mirror - Stuartli
Trust it was the door mirror you painted...:-)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Yes door mirror! Not too happy with my painting however - colour looked a great match when I applied the metallic base coat, but after putting lacquer on is now very dull. Perhaps I put too thick a coat of lacquer? I'm hoping it will polish up, fingers crossed.
vw golf mk4 wing mirror - George Porge
If you paint in damp / cold conditions the paint will "bloom", moisture trapped in the paint gives a milky effect. Its better to choose a warmer day and warm the mirror on a radiator before spraying each coat, warm and not hot