Everyone's Favourite - Car Insurance - adb147
Wondered if any of you could help?.?

I?ve been asked by my insurance company (Budget) to provide details of the alarm/immobiliser fitted to my car (02 SEAT Leon 1.9TDi). When I asked my friendly local dealer they told me ?well, it?s just the standard one fitted by the manufacturer?. This, unfortunately, I already knew.

Budget, very kindly, offer a service whereby my car is inspected at a national outlet of some garage or other to determine the type of security devices fitted for a fee of £35. Or, I?m guessing, if I don?t take them up on this offer and my answer of ?it?s just the standard on fitted by the manufacturer? doesn?t satisfy them then my premium will increase. Probably by around £35.

When I completed the online form I?m sure I?ve indicated ?Standard Equipment? or similar when asked about the alarm/ immobiliser.

Has anyone been pestered like this in the past, if so what was the outcome? After already shelling out a fortune I could do with keeping my remaining cash in my pocket!

Cheers
Everyone's Favourite - Car Insurance - midlifecrisis
Most have a 'manufacturers standard' option. I suggest you go elsewhere
Everyone's Favourite - Car Insurance - adam f
try ecarinsurance.co.uk

i bet there cheaper
Everyone's Favourite - Car Insurance - bell boy
they are just trying it on ,find a decent insurer.all cars since 95 have to have a factory immobilisor of some sort by law and they know it.
Everyone's Favourite - Car Insurance - Armitage Shanks {p}
No connection with this site but try

www.confused.com

You only put your details in once and they search many insurers for you - also

www.moneysupermarket.com.
Everyone's Favourite - Car Insurance - Dynamic Dave
I?ve been asked by my insurance company (Budget) to provide details of the alarm/immobiliser fitted to my car (02 SEAT Leon 1.9TDi).

see if you can find the info from the links I posted in a previous thread:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=44...9
Everyone's Favourite - Car Insurance - psi
SEAT Security System II, Thatcham evaluation number is TE2 ? 1212/0301
Everyone's Favourite - Car Insurance - corblimeyguvnar
Had the same problem with Budget, asking for the alarm immobiliser details, rang there help line, spoke to a nice man in South Africa who didnt have a clue what i was talking about, got a new certificate sent to me, unfortunately the letter attached to it asked the same question, wrote to them stating factory fit etc etc, sent it recorded delivery, heard nothing else.

Cheers
CBG
--
Drink Lager, Talk Piffle,