mondeo mk3 2003 seat problems - fignon03
I bought a Mondeo MK3 in January, its 2003 TDCI Graphite model, since i got it, the right side of the drivers seat is literally a pain in the backside! Uneven surface with hard spots hurting my upper hip and right buttock.
Its covered by ford protect 1 year warranty so when i complained they replaced the foam base, this didnt make any difference so in june i brought it back and they said it was problems with the springs which they adjusted / repaired. This slighly improved the situation but now its as bad as ever, with multiple hard contact points on the right hand side of the seat, the left hand side is fine.
Ive had a focus for 6 years previously and also a 93 and 97 fiestas and never had problems with seats before.
I searched this data base and found some reference to early mondeo mk3 seats having holding pins protrude.

I want to get this sorted before my warranty runs out, has anyone had this issue?> what was the sollution? do i need a spring base from one of the newer designs?

Finally id appreciate any replies were only about the mondeo seat.

mondeo mk3 2003 seat problems - Wales Forester
Take it back to the dealer and politely but firmly tell them that you would like the whole seat replacing as they have had two previous attempts at curing the problem without success.
You might need to lay it on a bit thick, but make sure you get the point across (no pun intended) and don't take no for an answer. Make sure they are aware that it is ruining your enjoyment of the car, and is affecting your concentration when driving.
They may need a bit of arm twisting as the job involves messing around with seat mounted airbags and seatbelt pretensioners.

This is a known issue, I have read about it before but can't remember where to be honest.
Have a search on the forum at www.fordmondeo.org you may find some reference there.

If the dealership refuse to fit a new seat speak with Ford Customer Service.
mondeo mk3 2003 seat problems - fignon03
Latest update: They fitted a 2002 mondeo seat and made no difference, must be my boney backside! I searched the net and came up with a seat wedge which improves posture and it has made the seat tolerable once more
mondeo mk3 2003 seat problems - Beaks
Could you post me the link for where you got the seat wedge please ??? I also have a mondeo !!
mondeo mk3 2003 seat problems - jc2
Get some taxi-driver wooden beads.