Fiat Stilo (2003) Rear Fog Light - jbyron
Just got the job of fixing a rear fog light of a Fiat Stilo 2003, 1.4 petrol.

The onboard computer puts a warning in the dashboard saying that the rear fog light has failed.

Fine.

After eventually taking off the nuts and unscrewing the light fittings I can't find this fog light - only 4 light bulbs (breaks, indicator, reverse and side lights). So - assume only one fog light in the car and do the same to the other side - problem! Only 4 light bulbs again.

Thing is - the side lights on the rear have 2 fillaments (not broken) - not sure if there is a hint there? But the Halfords replacement bulb only has one fillament. Hmm..

Does anyone know where the fog light is in this type of car?

Thanks in advance.
Fiat Stilo (2003) Rear Fog Light - Collos25
Is it not reversing light on one side and fog on the other ,this seems a cheap way some cars are set up.
Fiat Stilo (2003) Rear Fog Light - jc2
The fog light must by law be on the off-side(or central).There will only be one on the near-side it is one of a pair.
Fiat Stilo (2003) Rear Fog Light - henry k
After eventually taking off the nuts and unscrewing the light fittings. I can't find this fog light - only 4 light bulbs

So - assume only one fog light in the car and do the same to the other side - problem! Only 4 light bulbs again.

>>
I am assuming the fog lamp bulb is in the main lamp clusters.
It is a very common configuration to have, in the UK, a single reversing light on the nearside and a single fog light on the offside.hghtr
But the Halfords replacement bulb only has one fillament.

>>
Take the original, (when you identify the duff one) to Halfords and they will sort out the correct one.
I have had /and still have bulbs that appear to be basic bulbs but are not and that is on a Ford.

Just looking at the rear light cluster from behind the car is there any hint as to if the reversing bulb is at the top or bottom of the unit?

Assuming you need to look at the offside lamp cluster.
Try each of the light functions in turn, without the engine running.
You should then be able to identify which fillament is not lighting.
It is probably in the save relative position as the reversing light is in the nearside cluster.
Fiat Stilo (2003) Rear Fog Light - yorkiebar
Its possible if the sidelight is twin filament that it is a side/fog light bulb.

If so it is lilkely to be 21/4 w 566 bulb as opposoed to 21/5w 380 twin filament bulb used on stop/tail applications.

Any decent car shop/motor factor should be able to identify bulb and application easily for you.
Fiat Stilo (2003) Rear Fog Light - AR-CoolC
IIRC from my Stilo owning days, the fog light's are a pair of lamps next to the number plate, seperate from the rear clusters.

Is it a three, or five door, because they have slightly different back ends to each other.
I will have a look to see if it's the the single reverse/single fog light combo.

yorkiebar - you might be right nd it's possible i've got the wrong bulb from halfords

There are no other lights apart from in the main cluster so its probably either in place of a reverse light or a side light/fog light combo.
Fiat Stilo (2003) Rear Fog Light - Adam {P}
I'm 95% certain that both Stilos have two rear fogs.

I'm assuming you have a three door because as AR-CoolC says, the 5 doors have two enormous lights next to the numberplate.
This is the 5 door!

And seriously - no big lights next to the number plate!

I have even had someone else look to make sure I am not going mad!!
Fiat Stilo (2003) Rear Fog Light - Number_Cruncher
There are a couple of possibilities.

The twin filament bulbs you mention are combined side and fog light bulbs, which have bayonet pins offset both in height and angle.

or

The twin filament bulbs are the much more common/popular combined side and brake light bulbs (the type 380 mentioned by yorkibar above). In this case, your fog lights will be one of the single filament bulbs, possibly, type 382.

Number_Cruncher

Fiat Stilo (2003) Rear Fog Light - 659FBE
The Euro standard Fog/side lamp bulb (designation BAZ) has the pins offset in angle only, not height. However, you can use a 380 (pins offset in height only) if you file off the offending pin. If the holder is adequately designed, the bulb still sits square.

Thanks to this Euro lunacy, there are two types of bulb where one would do, but 30 secs with a file sorts that one out.

Fiat Stilo (2003) Rear Fog Light - Adam {P}
Ahh - sorry jbyron. Yours must be the facelift version which doesn't have them I don't think.

I'll leave the people who know what they're on about to help!