Warranty Direct - is it worth buying? - yorkie123
I've been quoted £390 for a year's Gold Star cover on my 2001 BMW 530i. The cover seems quite comprehensive. I'd like to know of anyone's experiences of Warranty Direct when it came to actually making a claim. Did they refuse it, drag their feet or whatever? Some people reckon these warranties (not necessarily Warranty Direct) are not worth the paper they're written on.
Warranty Direct - is it worth buying? - Armitage Shanks {p}
Prolonged discussion of this a week ago, here

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=43882&...f

I recall that there were claim cost limits, exclusions and some people didn't think much of it, over all
Warranty Direct - is it worth buying? - yorkie123
Thanks for the information - it was useful.
Warranty Direct - is it worth buying? - v0n
£390 for a years warranty does sound very steep though...
--------------------
[Nissan 2.2 dCi are NOT Renault engines. Grrr...]
Warranty Direct - is it worth buying? - bell boy
£1 a day............................................. try catching a bus with a quid......
Warranty Direct - is it worth buying? - Stuartli
>>£1 a day.>>

The new calendar must have past me by...:-(
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Warranty Direct - is it worth buying? - Phil I
Not really an Oldman then?... Bus for me now is free. Fuel costs - what are those then?

Phil I
Elderly gentleman living on main road with 5 different services passing the door.
Bus Stops both sides of the road just far enough away to not have any prospective passengers sitting on my wall.
Warranty Direct - is it worth buying? - Altea Ego
YOu cant argue with the economic facts.

Any warranty company has based its business model on the premise that you give them money and they dont give you anything. (Or considerably less than you give them).

They could do this by careful research and pricing knowing the car they are going to warrant has little chance of requiring a claim on them, or they could pepper the policy with so many get out clauses that the chances of you claiming anything are slim.

Basically they are there to make money out of you.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Warranty Direct - is it worth buying? - Stuartli
>>Bus for me now is free. >>

Same for me, plus trains and ferries over a vast area of the North West...:-)

Perfect for those nights on the Guinness - no breathalyser to worry about.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Warranty Direct - is it worth buying? - bell boy
You cant catch a bus round here with your pass until after 9.30 on a morning so all the fun of taking your shopping trolley and blocking the front isle with it while the younguns go to work has been taken away,it was one of those things i was looking forward to as well,
I Just get to the front of the queue at sainsbury"s now at 12.45 and while all the office workers are waiting behind with their chilled sandwiches and bottled waters start fumbling for your wallet and getting dizzy attacks .....................
Another days entertainment to while away the hours.............
Warranty Direct - is it worth buying? - Honestjohn
TVM, you'd better go to www.warrantydirect.co.uk and read what the policies offer you for your money.

HJ
Followed HJ's advice and went and had a look at a policy. Around £20 a month for my car and I found that the engine block, the injection pump, the exhaust system and the catalyst and particle filter were not covered. As these are some of the scarily expensive stuff I thought I'd not go ahead.
Warranty Direct - is it worth buying? - Adam {P}
What's left?!

Look on the bright side - if ever the clock fails, you're covered!
I have maligned WD. This link will take you to page where you can then click to see "What's covered" If it isn't mentioned it isn't covered! Injection pumps are but nothing in the exhaust and catalysts so far as I can see.

www.warrantydirect.co.uk/quote_page3.html#

Hope this works
Sorry - it only goes the the get a quote page so get the gen you have to put in some car details
Warranty Direct - is it worth buying? - bobda
Here's the link to what's covered in the 'Gold' policy:
www.warrantydirect.co.uk/help.html?what_help=Gold

and here's the cheaper 'Driveline';
www.warrantydirect.co.uk/help.html?what_help=Drive...e

They also do a Platinum cover for cars less than 3 years, but they should be covered by manufacturers warranty anyway (unless they were imports or summat).

Ask Honest John

Value my car