New Jag - TDVi Sov - audiaudi
Hi

My borther-in-law -(wifes' bro) has bought the above car - brand new and to be regd as 06 on or about the 20th of this month - paid 43k - colour black and extars are piping and tv - goo or bad price?

What really shocked me was the insurance - he is just over 50, driving 30 odd years, one accident last yeear, his fault and full no claims - fully insured for 6k miles per annum, wife on ins and garage, lives in a nice part of Kent, 2 miles from London - 3350 fully comp!!!!

I pay £800 for my merc, C class and live in SE3 and clear licence since 18, abot 25 years, no tickets or accidents.

:(

BTW - I could not find the thread re when i thought i was booked by one of those mobile speed cam vans in Bexleyheath on way back from MB, Dartford - I was doing ABOUT 33/34 - THIS WAS JUST OVER 3 WEEKS AGO - no ticket yet. Must remeber the ticket would have gone to MB as i had their loan car - do you think i'm safe now?

Thanks!
New Jag - TDVi Sov - Westpig
you've cheered me up no end........ i genuinely thought over £600 was dear for my S Type........ maybe i've become unrealistic............. maybe i'm becoming like my old gran and will end up giving the kids 5p for an ice-cream
If I cheered you up - you've cheered me up as i've cheered you up!!! :)

Can't really compalin about my insurance costs inreal life as people will take the P and say why don't you buy a smaller car , LOL, not!

I've though of running a Ka, new one that costs 5k, ins without the NCB which will be kept on the mb - is about 250. But \I will need to have the windows blacked out. Driving the Ka would save loads on petrol as I use about 55 quids every week on avg and the B service will not come up as often on the mb
:)
New Jag - TDVi Sov - Bill Payer
There's something wrong with that premium for the Jag - either there's more to it, or he should shop around a bit.

On your speeding thing - it could be many weeks before the NIP gets to you. However if you really were only doing 33/34 it's most unlikely you'll get done.
New Jag - TDVi Sov - ukbeefy
Maybe his history is worse than you've been let in on...eg convictions or drink drive etc. Or maybe he has full business use. A mate of mine showed me his ins for his X5 and late 30s good job etc but with full business use was £2800...
ukbeef

Did shop around and most were asking for 400 -450 - so it looks puka.

Re my insurance, i can assure you, not one ticket yet or accident where it's my fault.

I have to be honest and state I did around 145 on the M1 the other day as I never move out of the top lane and keep on speeding up until i've reached the next car. Generally i do not exceed 100mph but cruise around 85 mph, the cops usualy do not bother.
There's something wrong with that premium for the Jag - either
there's more to it, or he should shop around a bit.
On your speeding thing - it could be many weeks before
the NIP gets to you. However if you really were only
doing 33/34 it's most unlikely you'll get done.

Re the speeding thing - thanks for cheering me up :(

I thought it was 14 days?
New Jag - TDVi Sov - Pugugly {P}
14 days to get to the reg owner, possibly it could take a few more weeks to catch up with whoever was driving at the time.
Re the 14 days - i was laoned the car via the reg'd keeper - Darford Mercedes - so i would have thought it would have been easy to let me know.

But even if i do get stamped - first time ever
New Jag - TDVi Sov - daveyjp
Your BIL isn't telling you the whole story. I've just done a quote for the same car - 37, 5 yr NCB, high risk area (according to insurance lists), parked on drive, 15,000 miles a year. £680. The 2.7 diesel is the engine I'd choose though.
New Jag - TDVi Sov - midlifecrisis
14 days to be SENT..not RECIEVED.
14 days to be SENT..not RECIEVED.

the 14 days is to be RECIEVED by the registered keeper (although proof of posting i.e it could/should have been delivered in time and there was a delay in the postal service... would still render it valid)...........

If it's leased or owned by the manufacturer, that's where the NIP (Notice of Intended Prosecution) goes....... then someone will bung it in an 'In Tray', before eventually being sent to the person (s) using the vehicle i.e. in this case the garage ............. whereupon, it will sit in an 'In Tray', etc, etc.

The easist way to find out if you're worried about it is to ring the garage, ask them to check on the phone with whoever the vehicle is registered with i.e who is on the V5.....
RECEIVED even......... could probably still get through an AS Level though, with this spelling
New Jag - TDVi Sov - Murphy The Cat
I don't know how relevant this is, but I was recently talking to someone who had a Chrysler 300C like mine and we were paying a near identical figure for fully comp insurance, right up until the point where he told me anout his £1500 loading for yhe area of London where he lives.

ouch.

MTC
Thank you all!
Hi

I was at the dealers last week and they said nothing and as yet received nothing - so I'm confident that it will be ok.

MB had my full details and all they had to do is check their computer.

Bro got the Jag TDVi 2:7 I think - never been in the new one of the new ones and really like it. - creamy leather with piping an tv and fridge - and xeon lights are standard - piping and tv/fridge were extra. The boot for the size of car compared with my C class is small, still but better than the older jags.

Bro had trouble paring her in the garage and has to close the door mirrors and is going to widen door :)

He will kep the car for many years and stated he test drove a merc E class sports and felt the jag was better but know he feels it a bit to long.