windscreen repair/replacement? - scfc_151
Ive just bought myself a nice new 2001 306 hdi estate. When i drove it i thought a few squashed bugs had been swept across the glass by the wipers.

Now ive had chance to clean it, it seems as if a few stones have been swept across.

Is there anyway of claiming on insurance for new glass or getting this repaired?

windscreen repair/replacement? - type's'
Most (and I quote Most so check yours) insurance policies offer free windscreen repairs without any excess - providing you are fully comp.
They also offer windscreen repalcement with not to great an excess (my policy is £60).
They make it very easy for you if you use an approved windscreen repairer such as Autoglass.

I have just had 2 chips repaired on my windscreen with all payment coming direct from my Insurance company.
Autoglass dealt with it all.
I thought it would need a repalcement because one of the chips was in Zone A as they call - smack bang in front of the drivers vision - but after the repair my view of the road is not impaired at all.

I also thought the service from Autoglass was excellent.
my insurance is similar they use autoglass with £75 excess for replacement free repairs. I was wondering if this is fixable by autoglass if the screen has hazey scratches across where the wipers have been?

I dont know if they could polish or skim it etc if this would be covered under 'repairs'?

cheers
windscreen repair/replacement? - AlastairW
Would the scratches polish out. Jewellers rouge has been used successfully by other BRs (Barchettaman?)
ive tried jewellers rough but i think its too much for that

i might just conceed and buy a screen for £100

its a nightmare when the sun gets on it
windscreen repair/replacement? - henry k
i might just conceed and buy a screen for £100

IIRC from previous threads Autoglass use OE screens which is a bonus.
windscreen repair/replacement? - bell boy
thought autoglass owned their own factory and therefore made their own?
windscreen repair/replacement? - AR-CoolC
thought autoglass owned their own factory and therefore made their own?

No that's Auto-windscreens, as was, now RAC.
windscreen repair/replacement? - LeePower
When I used Autoglass they fitted Guardian branded glass, They tottaly refused to fit a OE screen.

RAC autowindscreens WILL fit OE glass if you ask them to.
windscreen repair/replacement? - AR-CoolC
Lee

Guardian are an OE supplier of automotive glass. just because it doesn't have a car manufacturers stamp doesn't mean it's not an OE screen.

All screens with the car manufacturers stamp on them are only supplied through dealers, and subsiquently cost a lot more than the screens coming directly from the factory, which don't have the stamp. Your insurance company won't be prepered to pay that difference when they know the screens are the same.
windscreen repair/replacement? - henry k
My only experience of replacement glass was a few years ago.
I had the HRW replaced. It was not the same as the original. It had a different curvature.
How do I know? Easy. The Hella third stop light, with a light shield, that I had so carefully cut to fit no longer mated with the glass. I was not amused.