Unluckiest car you've owned - ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond
I bought R reg Renault Laguna 1.8 RT Sport 6 weeks ago.

All was A ok until 2 weeks ago. In the last 2 weeks I have had...

Mid & end exhaust fitted.
Wheel nut snapped.
5th gear slipping out of gear (5th gear nut now tightened and problem fixed)
Starting to pull to the left.
Oil leak.
Tyre slowly going down (not to do with car pulling to the left).
Front mount fitted.
Stopped by the police for the first time in 15 years or so.
and today the Catalytic Converter went.

All this and the electrics are fine.(At the moment :-) Remember this is a Renault Laguna.

ps.

Renault Laguna for sale. Many new parts.....
Unluckies car you've owned - JH
Well mine had the registration nbr 666, not that I'm superstitious, but it did live up to it!
JH
Unluckies car you've owned - stunorthants
My old Renault 21 broke down 4 miles from the garage I just bought it from with an exploded oil filter. Took me two months to strip teh engine and clean out the gunk in it that had caused the pressure build up.

I vowed to never buy a Renault again!
Unluckies car you've owned - bell boy
i once lost a pound coin in a fiesta down the back of the rear seat squab that was pretty unlucky as it could have won me the lottery if i played it
ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond why did you buy a laguna sport on a "r" was it cheap? can you not buy a s/h cat for this car? are you sure its the cat and not the garage that dont know a lambda from a pork chop?
Unluckies car you've owned - mss1tw
Surely a lambda would be a mutton chop? :^D
Unluckies car you've owned - ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond
Got it for 800. Guys I know will get me a cheap second hand one.

I would never use a main dealer to fix a problem.

Unluckies car you've owned - Andrew-T
Never had an unlucky car since 1964. Out of three Morris 1100s, a Triumph 1300, five Maxis, a Cavalier estate, a Prairie, eight or more 205s, three 306s, a Punto and a Clio. The kids had a few snags with their bangers before they could afford something better, but nothing serious, and it was all good training for them. Maybe I am just careful ...
Unluckies car you've owned - henry k
I bought my first car an 18 month old Ford Cortina 1600E.
Some of the problems. I am sure there were more!
New clutch shortly after 15K.
Engine piston and rings damaged. I was 150 miles from home at night. Oil everywhere and non repairable.
Replacement FORD engine at 25K due to a main bearing cap snapping
Spigot bearing failed. Had to unbolt clutch THEN split the bell housing.
Tacho failed and in ignorance I wrecked the 9volt coil.
Carb float sank
Plastic hydraulic clutch pipe touched the exhaust and melted
Fuel line blocked by rust particles.
Fuel tank replaced due to rust causing a leak
Wiper pivot broke and jammed with motor energised. It burned out, filled the cabin with orrible fumes. All in a thunderstorm late at night 20 miles from home.
Steering box bolts pulled out of chassis. Welding required.
Steering box replaced.
Several repairs on the 4 branch exhaust.
Replaced rotten wings

Eventually gave up and found that this classic ( with a HRW ) Everflex roof etc was not worth classic £££s

I loved the car,
It was a problem re spares as it had a strange spec that did not match the spares catalogue. For a start it had two door tipping seats but was a four door model.
Thank goodness I could do most of the work.
Unluckies car you've (never)owned - Pugugly {P}
The replacement for my dear departed 330d. I was due to get an E46 version from the leasing company. I have reason to believe that it now lies on the bottom of the channel when the boat bringing it to the UK toppled. (Rear end went, well it was wet) Despite loving the 530 that replaced it, I often wonder what might have been .....
Unluckies car you've owned - mrmender
My mates dad bought a brand new orion Giha on retirement. The first week he was at the bottom of a steep hill at a junction. A car behind, towing a speed boat did a emergency stop, but the boat launched itself over the tow car and ploughed into the roof of friends dads orion.
A week after coming out of the body shop, an old biddy ran into the side.
He was parked in a car park in icey conditions and a car swiped his front bumper off
He had it nicked at least twice
The last straw was when the council were painting a local bridge and the orion got coverd in paint!
He sold it shortly after!
Unluckies car you've owned - mss1tw
None really. The Peugeot needed the most work, but nothing major.
Unluckies car you've owned - Mutton Geoff
reason to believe that it now lies on the bottom of the channel

Wasn't amongst this lot was it ...
www.blognewsnetwork.com/members/0000001/mpg/tricol...l

Unluckies car you've owned - Pugugly {P}
You're heartless man !