airport parking.insurance problem? - barney100
I parked at Gatwick the other day and used one of the sites from the internet. On arrival the guy behind the desk put a label on my keys and asked me to go and put them in the ignition and one of their drivers would then move the car to a permanent spot. Now if someone had stolen the car or taken something from it ( this is hypothetical as I left nothing of value in there) how would this leave you with an insurance claim? I suspect the company would say as you left the keys it was your fault.
airport parking.insurance problem? - TheOilBurner
I went through this same process somewhere else the other week and I thought exactly the same.

I suspect you'd have to claim from the car park - as from the moment you leave the keys behind in the car it's their responsibility. I very much doubt your own insurance would pay up as they all specifically say you should never leave your car keys unattended at any time.
airport parking.insurance problem? - drbe
One of the 'holiday' long stay car parks, which require you to leave your keys in, did have a teensy, weensy problem a year or two ago.

A number of high value cars went missing..........

Did they ever get to the bottom of it, does anyone know?
airport parking.insurance problem? - Gromit {P}
The car park will claim limited liability.

For example, BAA's terms and conditions state that:

9.1 BAA's entire liability to you is set out below.
9.2 Nothing in these terms and conditions limits BAA's liability in the case of death or personal injury caused by BAA's negligence.
9.3 BAA shall not be liable to you for damage to your property unless caused directly by BAA's negligence and in such event BAA's liability shall not exceed £100 per claim or series of related claims.
9.4 Other than as set out above BAA does not accept any liability for any claim in contract, tort or otherwise.

Though the OP hasn't named the operator of the 'holiday' car-park in question, I would be very surprised if they did not operate under similar T&Cs. Were something to be taken from the car - or were the car itself to be stolen while the keys were in it - you would have to prove that the theft resulted from the car-park owner's neglect. Which could be tricky if you were the one who left the keys in the car!
airport parking.insurance problem? - martint123
My insurance policy mentions:-

(getout exception C)

Exception C will not apply to loss or damage to your car if your car is:
* stolen or taken away without your permission;
* being parked by an employee of a hotel or restaurant or car parking service; or
* being serviced or repaired by the motor trade.

I doubt this covers long-term parking though??
airport parking.insurance problem? - wemyss
Left my car at Airparks Garret green Birmingham a few weeks ago and there you hand the keys in over the counter at reception.
They put a tag on it with your reg No and hang it on hooks behind the desk.
Seem to recall them giving you a card with a number on to hand in on your return from holiday.
Seemed very secure but I wasnt impressed with the transport to and from the airport.
They use a small bus with part of one side reserved for suitcases which were secured by a net.
The driver never left his seat and alongside him was a card saying that for H&S reasons he wasnt allowed to help passengers lift their luggage.
Considering the cases were stacked at above head height it wasnt possible for some older persons to get them there and of course the younger men helped out by doing it for them.
Many passengers had to stand for the journey and the driver delighted in going round many small islands as fast as possible creating a real H&S issue.
A big difference at Faro when returning our hire car to Eurocars. The driver of the bus without asking went to every returning car and lifted out the suitcases and stacked them in his minibus.
airport parking.insurance problem? - Dalglish
... H&S reasons ...

>>

ah yes, the same reasons why only the uk shuts down motorways (and kingsx railway lines yesterday) when you have some infinitesimal risk of injury from potential of exploding gas cylinders.

only in the uk ... no-one in europe or anywhere else in the world for that matter bothers following these rules to the letter.

airport parking.insurance problem? - mikeyb
Just got back after using APH at Gatwick for a week. Nice professional service, helpful driver who did load everones luggage for they, and the car park was clean and secure - you had to drive in throygh a barrier, leave your keys at reception where you were given a receipt. Upon return you presented your receipt and were given you keys, told the location on your car, and given a pass card to open the exit barrier. Forgot to mention - they park your car for you.