Is it feasible to fit aircon....? - MoodyGit
Is it possible to fit air-conditioning to a car which hasn't got it?

My wife's had her Rover 25 from new and is a great car which we have no intention of replacing for a few years yet. Just piggin' hot in the summer!

Is it feasible to fit air-conditioning components taken from a Rover 25 which was fitted with it, into our car?

Thanks
Is it feasible to fit aircon....? - Xileno {P}
Not really, usually better to trade up to a model with it included. Unless you're handy with the tools and can do a lot of the work yourself.
Is it feasible to fit aircon....? - rip
The good news it is feasible, the bad is that it is not worth the expense, indeed you may need to change other items like the radiator.

It will be easier to sell the car and buy another with air con in.
Is it feasible to fit aircon....? - Altea Ego
Feasible as in the whole car will never be the same again? and I dont mean colder
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Is it feasible to fit aircon....? - Dave N
Speak to Barry or Grant at www.readerair.co.uk. Some rovers are dead easy (and cheap) to do due to their japanese origins.
Is it feasible to fit aircon....? - Falkirk Bairn
10 years ago I had a Civic - similar to Rover 200/400/25/45

Retro-fit AC was sold by Honda @ about £800 in 1996 - needless to say I "declined the offer"

That said I would not now buy a car without AC or the posher CC
Is it feasible to fit aircon....? - Dave N
The Diavia kits used to sell out at about £400. And fitting was a few hours only.
Is it feasible to fit aircon....? - Martin Devon
>>>> That said I would not now buy a car without AC
or the posher CC

Is that not A/C with a thermostat??

vbr................MD.
Is it feasible to fit aircon....? - Happy Blue!
We retrofitted a/c to a Mitsu Spacewagon a few years ago. I tworked very well but cost about £1,000. Mind you we sold a second car so it wsa a condition of going down to one family sized car that it had a/c. The condenser got a hole in it after four years and an identical replacement could not be sourced....
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Is it feasible to fit aircon....? - Thommo
May I suggest:

www.sailgb.com/p/12v_24v_oscillating_fan/

or similar?
Is it feasible to fit aircon....? - Nickdm
Air-con was retro-fitted for free to my wife's new Rover 25 about 4 years ago by the supplying dealer.

Air-con wasn't standard when she ordered the car, but by the time it turned up at the importers (we lived in Denmark) it had been made standard, (probably as a desperate attempt to help get Rover up to double-figure monthly sales figures in Denmark...)

They only sold 3 Rovers in the entire country that month, but the air-con installation job was top-notch. An Italian condenser brand IIRC.
Is it feasible to fit aircon....? - Mutton Geoff
CC - Is that not A/C with a thermostat??

No, it's a bit more clever than that. In my Audi, you can just set a temperature and leave it. In the winter, it won't put the blower up until the heater matrix has warmed up. In summer it runs the a/c fan at high speed until the (lower) temperature has been achieved in the car, it also regulates the amount of air coming out of different vents.

I'm convinced there is also an electric heater in the windscreen defrost mode as it can clear the windscreen long before the engine has warmed up.

Driver and passenger can set different temperatures for their "zone" and the vents from which the conditioned air comes from.

Quite a clever box of tricks and much more than a/c with a thermostat.

Oh, and on an Audi you can use the climate display with certain button pushes to show various other parameters (valve positions, temperatures, vehicle speed etc).

Is it feasible to fit aircon....? - Hamsafar
What are these buttons Geoff, or do you have a link?
Thanks.
Is it feasible to fit aircon....? - Hamsafar
forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1535766
Answered my own question.
Is it feasible to fit aircon....? - Xileno {P}
There was no Japanses input in the 25, it was a modified version of the bubble shaped 200 which was a pure Rover design.