Can I sue insurance company for damages? - teabelly
My other half has been borrowing my car. He bought another one but couldn't pick it up for 2 weeks because his insurance company took 2 weeks to send out the new paperwork. I consider this incompetance. He rang up several times and they couldn't even tell him what date it had been processed! My car was damaged while parked outside his house. It was damaged this last week. Had they got off their bums and sent out the insurance docs it wouldn't have been there. Is it possible to sue his insurance company for the damage? If I claimed on my comprehensive policy that has him as a named driver would my insurance company be able to sue his for damage, win and make sure my ncb and his ncb on his policy was unaffected?

I know it is a long shot but I am p'd off at having to pay out to repair the dent due to a) local scally so and sos that want drowning and b) insurance company incompetance. I am pretty certain which little yobs caused the damage but without proof the police will do nothing and I want my pound of flesh from somewhere :-)

teabelly
Can I sue insurance company for damages? - local yokel
No, you can't. Check his Ts and Cs for consequential loss - they'll not cover this.

My insurance co. offers docs by registered post, for an additional £6.50, and when I've used it they have always arrived next day.
Can I sue insurance company for damages? - teabelly
Bum. I was hoping to get my own back on them! The registered post would have been a waste of money as it would have only let the docs turn up at 13 days afterwards rather than 14. The fundamental problem was them taking an age to process the change in the first place. Every other insurance company I have ever used have taken about 3 or 4 days to send paperwork through. Aon are even better, when I misplaced my certificate they sent me a duplicate which arrived the day after I phoned.
teabelly
Can I sue insurance company for damages? - local yokel
You've still got a case (or rather he has) for making a big fuss - chase them hard, and offer to take them to the insurance ombudsman if no joy.