free insurance when you buy off eBay - Mapmaker
You get seven days free fully comp when you buy a car on eBay. I think you have to get a quotation from an insurance company.

www2.ebay.com/aw/uk/200603.shtml#2006-03-21132746 & scroll down

Great for the part-time traders buying on eBay. Get it home for free. Sell it on the buyer's DOC insurance.
free insurance when you buy off eBay - artful dodger {P}
What a good idea. I think this will make ebay an even better place for buying and selling cars.

The only improvement I can see would be for the insurance to cover the period of the auction for test drives and then 7 days after the auction.

--
Roger
I read frequently, but only post when I have something useful to say.
free insurance when you buy off eBay - Bill Payer
The only improvement I can see would be for the insurance
to cover the period of the auction for test drives..

Nice idea, but the insurance company would have to be mad to go along with this.
free insurance when you buy off eBay - Stuartli
You get seven days free fully comp when you buy a car on eBay>>

Wow. What a fantastic incentive.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
free insurance when you buy off eBay - No FM2R
A great offer - but it is subject to normal Norwich Union underwriting Ts&Cs. So you have to ring, answer questions about yourself and the car, and then they will accept you or not.

There are factors about the car or the driver which might make the risk unacceptable, and the normal rules of disclosure would apply.

So it is an advantage, but not offered blindly, and not offered automatically.

pages.ebay.co.uk/motors/services/7dayinsurance/nud...f
free insurance when you buy off eBay - bell boy
correct FM2R this service has been offered for quite a while now via hpi who are owned by norwich union.A lot of hoops for a one off ,the idea for a big dealership is ideal though as it means customers can sign and drive away legally (if car taxed)and it is being used a lot according to hpi bumf.
Norwich union were also talking about cover notes via email but seing as you can tax on line maybe thats not so important now?
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"
>>seing as you can tax on line>>

You still have to wait for the tax disk to arrive in the post.
PS

Plus, IIRC, have the computerised MOT certificate if the car requires one.
free insurance when you buy off eBay - pmh
Citroen are currently offering 7 days free fully comp on purchase of new cars. Very simple telephone sign up.
Advantages it makes taxing the new car easy, as they pass insurance details direct to dealer.

It is a cheap way for an insurer to collect fully qualified sales leads as one of the questions is when does your current policy expire.

I would also guess that the profile of drivers is relatively low risk.
--

pmh (was peter)

free insurance when you buy off eBay - Bill Payer
>>seing as you can tax on line>>
You still have to wait for the tax disk to arrive
in the post.
- - - - - - - - - - -

That reminds me that I'm sure I've read that, strictly speaking, your insurance isn't valid until you've got the cover note in your hand?