'Beggars Belief' - ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond
(FROM AOL FRONT PAGE)

Woman's Reckless Driving 'Beggars Belief'

A driver was fined £200 after she was caught on police video cameras using both hands to put on her make-up while driving at 32mph.

Donna Maddock, 22, from Mold in north Wales, was pictured with both hands off the steering wheel putting on her eye make-up.

Magistrates in Pwlhelli fined Ms Maddock £200 plus £55 costs after she pleaded guilty to a charge of careless driving. She was also given six points on her licence.

A spokeswoman for North Wales Police said the incident "beggars belief".

She said: "A car is a dangerous lump of metal in the wrong hands.

"You need to be in control at all times and Miss Maddock's actions beggars belief."

Ms Maddock was pictured on police video cameras holding a compact mirror and an eye brush while driving along the A499 in Pwllheli in north Wales.

According to the Arrive Alive road safety organisation, based in north Wales, 41 people were injured or killed on the A499 between 2001 and 2003.

Roger Vincent, a spokesman for the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, branded Ms Maddock "irresponsible".

He said: "It is frightening to think what could have happened as she was driving along without her hands on the wheel particularly as this is such an accident blackspot."

In other cases, a woman was fined £60 for holding an apple while driving, while a man was fined £30 for eating a sausage roll while waiting at a junction, the Evening Standard reported.

Are police too hard on drivers?
votes
Yes 1049 29%
No 2389 67%
Don't know 145 4%

Total Votes: 3583

'Beggars Belief' - Phil I
You miss the major point SOCD . She was caught only because the camera was being weilded by a traffic car mounting a purge on that road. The driver was actually driving well within the speed limit so not caught by speed camera but by Mk 1 eyeball of plod in a traffic car!!

Phil I
Sorry i before e except after c. for weilded read wielded.

'Beggars Belief' - Civic8
>>The driver was actually driving well within the speed limit so not caught by speed camera

She wasnt driving the car with hands off the wheel,Car was driving itself!
--
Steve
True Steve o but still under the limit !!!
'Beggars Belief' - Civic8
Sorry but what has speed limit got to do with not being in control of vehicle!
--
Steve
'Beggars Belief' - Stuartli
She probably regarded it as only a cosmetic offence...

As Richard Littlejohn would say: "You couldn't make it up."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
'Beggars Belief' - Dynamic Dave
Already being discussed here:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=39668

Continue discussion there please.

DD.