door mirror, special tool - wrangler_rover
I have a 2001 Mk 2 Punto which somebody decided to kick the nearside door mirror off recently.
I have bought a new mirror and when I tried to fit it, I found that you need a special door mirror spanner. Best described as a socket, approx 30mm diameter with 4 x metal prongs welded to it to mate with and undo the 4 x slots in the plastic nut securing the mirror.
The Punto workshop manual CD Rom says it is Fiat part number 1.870.641.000 for the special spanner.
Can anybody please tell me where I could buy such a tool, I have tried e-bay and Halfords without any success.

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 12/01/2008 at 16:59

Punto door mirror special tool - bell boy
well ive swapped a mirror on a mk2 punto and never used a special tool probably a hammer and screwdriver , have a look again as i cant remember,but definately have done one i do recall it had me baffled for a minute mind.
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"
Punto door mirror special tool - Collos25
Like Oldman says you can do it without a special tool,but if you want one why not try FIAT I think that would make most sense.
Punto door mirror special tool - nottsruss
Just removed door mirror assembly no problem ~ no special tools.
Used pair of long nosed pliers engaging into two of the slots only.Hold square with tight grip to avoid slipping ! good luck.
Punto door mirror special tool - former farmer
I had replacement wing mirror to do for my daughter's Punto but I was able to using long pointed pliers; smaller electrical sort were too small though, I had to get 6-8inch pair from Halfords.
Punto door mirror special tool - wrangler_rover
Thanks for the help, I used a pair of long nosed pliers & the plastic nut came off easily, did the job in 10 minutes this morning.