UK Vehicle Insurance Abroad - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
My UK car insurance certificate with MMA is entirely in English. No green card can be issued or necessary now apparently for EU.
Asked my broker was this normal and they said situation was the same for all companies they deal with.
IIRC I used to have a multilingual declaration on the back of an old certificate.
May be legal- but what can French/German etc. do on being confronted with such an unhelpful monoglot document.And vice versa of course.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
UK Vehicle Insurance Abroad - Collos25
Your certicate will cover you as a minimum basic third party in a EU country ,there should be a declaration to this fact in all the main EU languages if not the French ,Dutch and German police will not accept it thats for sure.
I forgot the green card can still is issued my German policy has a green card to cover me fully comp in any coutry in the EU and the emerging EU member states
UK Vehicle Insurance Abroad - Robbie
I'm with Liverpool Victoria, as I have a place in France, and they give six months travel in the EU. My insurance certificate has all of the information in most of the European languages on the reverse.
UK Vehicle Insurance Abroad - maclean
As the original poster was insured with MMA because they are a French company I am surprized they can't be bothered to translate the certificate into French and other languages.r
UK Vehicle Insurance Abroad - Martin Wall
Thanks for this info - does this cover you if you were working in an EU country for the whole 6 months for example?

Also, do they have to know where the car will be parked in the EU country or is it a 'use it anywhere you want in the EU for 6 months' arrangement?
UK Vehicle Insurance Abroad - Martin Wall
(My reply was to the posting from 'Robbie'...)
Any insurance must cover you for minimum third party (not fire and theft)in any EU country for the length of the policy regardless.If you have fully comprehensive then the company can stipulate how long or if any extra premium is required to carry this cover into Europe.My UK policy I must pay an extra £40 per year for this with my UK policy, my German policy is free.
UK Vehicle Insurance Abroad - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
My insurance with MMA is valid abroad.
My concern is how do I prove it to a local when the documentation is only in English.MMA et al just shrug their corporate shoulders.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
UK Vehicle Insurance Abroad - Robbie
Thanks for this info - does this cover you if you
were working in an EU country for the whole 6 months
for example?
Also, do they have to know where the car will be
parked in the EU country or is it a 'use it
anywhere you want in the EU for 6 months' arrangement?

No. You have no need to inform them of where and when you are going.

If you are over 50, Saga allow you to remain in the EU for 364 days. I was with them but don't need that length of time, and Liverpool Victoria was £70 cheaper.