Astra VXR - fray bentos
A friend of mine has just ordered/bought a new Vauxhaul Astra VXR.I don't know much about Vauxhaul cars so I would welcome any comments about the deal, although its a bit accademic now.
Showroom tells him 5 month waiting list and there in demand but just happens to have one in stock that was a cancelled order.This one has special alloys and paint so its £20,000 plus with no discount, and he's offered and accepts £7000 for his immaculate 30 month old,19000 mile Vectra 2.2 SRi which cost him £19000 from the same garage.Is this a reasonable deal,to me this £12000 depreciation (or £400) a month and would be hard to bear,or are these VXR's that good? .
Astra VXR - prm
He must have money to burn, i would keep the Vectra for a bit longer and have a good holiday.
Astra VXR - Happy Blue!
Pre-facelift Vectra against one of the latest go-faster jobbies, that has a good reputation in the mags. I would have held out for a better deal, but the dealer may be right.

Just shows the frightening level of depreciation on a Vectra, if he really did pay £19,000 for it. I cannot believe that he did.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Astra VXR - Keith S
I'd have thought you could get 25% off list for any vauxhall on the net?

Apparently a diesel VXR is on the horizon with 190 BHP, and usual diesel economy. Should be good.
Astra VXR - bradgate
£7k for the trade-in sounds low, but what do you expect.

£20k for the VXR seems par for the course. This car has been heavily criticised in the media for a serious torque-steer problem, but it is very quick in a straight line and undoubtedly looks the part, so demand probably does exceed supply at present.

£19k for a 2.2 petrol Vectra, however, defies all reason, sense and logic. The going rate for a 'nearly new' 05 reg seems to be £10.5k at a supermarket. Why would any sane person pay more? It appears that your friend was fairly brutally fleeced at this stage.
Astra VXR - fray bentos
Unfortunately, like a lot of people, my friend is one of 'the old school' when it comes to car buying. Likes to go to the same dealer,doesn't like to haggle, doesn't shop around, he just feels more comfortable and safer doing it that way.
If you want to buy new,the current price for a Vectra sri is £17395,but metallic pnt,superguard,different wheels and tyres,mud flaps,mats and you're at 19k and when he bought his I think they were dearer still!
Astra VXR - bradgate
Safer?? When he is being blatantly ripped off to that extent?? Blimey.

Your friend may consider himself 'old school' but he sounds like what is technically known in the motor trade as a 'Mug Punter'
Astra VXR - Dynamic Dave
he's offered and accepts £7000 for his immaculate 30 month old,19000 mile Vectra 2.2 SRi which cost
him £19000 from the same garage.

Glass's guide for this car:-

Part-exchange Price:

Excellent condition: £7610

Average condition: £6810

Below average condition: £5990

He really ought to squeeze the garage for at least another £500....

Or keep the Vectra a bit longer, considering the amount of extras he bought for it when it was new.
cost him £19000 from the same garage.

What it cost him, and what it's now currently worth are two separate things altogether.

I imagine though that the garage will put his Vectra on the forecourt for a sale price of between £9000 and £9500.
Astra VXR - Maz
We're currently selling pre-reg 2.2 SRi Vectras for £12,000. 8 miles on the clock. Sold one today in fact.

The Vectra has had a facelift recently and the old run out shape has clearly suffered a touch. With these on the forecourt your friends immaculate old shape in unknown colour is about right. It'll be up for £8495 if the colour's good.

I'm not saying he couldn't have done better, but he's not been riped off by any stretch.
Astra VXR - fray bentos
Maybe the colour is affecting the value, its quite distinctive, its a metallic yellow/gold/bronze colour, whatever they call it.The garage has one for sale already but twice the miles at £8995 so I guess they'll put it up for more than that. So thats more than £2000 mark up plus the profit on the VXR. Not bad!
Would it be a good buy if I bought it off him for £7000?
Astra VXR - Adam {P}
A metallic GOLD colour you say?

Nice them. Very underrated.
Astra VXR - Red Baron
Really?

Not in this continuum!!!
Astra VXR - barchettaman
If it´s the saloon Vectra, whay not make him an offer Adam? Ticks all your boxes....
Regards,
Barchettaman
Astra VXR - Adam {P}
I do actually quite like the new Vectra. If only it weren't a diesel...

;-)
Astra VXR - Adam {P}
I say "the new". It's been out for years but you know what I mean.
Astra VXR - Adam {P}
It isn't actually a diesel is it?

If only it were a 3.2

If only I had the money

If only I could get insured on it!
Astra VXR - machika
We're currently selling pre-reg 2.2 SRi Vectras for £12,000. 8 miles
on the clock. Sold one today in fact.

Just confirms £19K for the Vectra as a real rip-off. How can it be safe to pay that kind of money? What exactly does anybody get in return for paying several thousands more than they need to, that actually makes it worth the money? It is a buyers market at present, as there is a massive oversupply of cars, in general.
Astra VXR - Maz
What exactly does anybody get in return for paying several
thousands more than they need to, that actually makes it worth
the money? It is a buyers market at present, as
there is a massive oversupply of cars, in general.

The guy got a brand new Vectra and the best part of 3 years worth of warranty. He shelled out £3500 of his 19K in VAT, which means the car was worth 15.5k tops when he drove it away.

OK, so he's picked the worst time to sell with a new model just in and the old ones heavily discounted. Large petrol cars have taken a further hit because of their declining market share as people move towards diesels and MPVs.

Despite this, the guy wanted the Vectra at the time and bought it. Then he wanted the VXR and bought it from a dealer he trusts. He's got a rare car that goes like the clappers. He keeps people in jobs and seems happy and provides the rest of us with second hand cars.

I'd rather see something I like and buy it with my own money than spend my time worrying about the wallet of someone I've never met.