Citroen Xsara HDI heater fan fault - dereckr
Vehicle: Xsara estate Hdi110. 2002, 86k miles.

The heater fan on this car runs flat out, regardless of the manual setting, but only once the engine is running. After some investigation work, there appears to be a system control box, the driver control consul (containing more electronics), various temperature sensors, a flap servo and the fan unit. By adjusting the various dials and noting their actions, I have come to the conclusion that apart from the fan losing speed control, the overall system is working correctly. There are more than two chassis and power connections to the fan and I?m guessing the fan has it?s own built-in speed regulator and that it might be faulty. Does anyone know anything more? The fan is a Valeo unit.

In case anyone is interested, the fault turned out to be the fan unit. Within the fan is a regulator module, which has gone faulty (two large power transistors, one has failed short circuit). I will try to repair...
Citroen Xsara HDI heater fan fault - eggheed
Hi
i have the same problem did you ever get it sorted
i have the fan unit out but do not know which parts to repair think it is the two large round components
cannot find apart number for these

can you help
many thanks
Egg
I tried changing the two devices for power transistors (a website identified them as such), but they didn't work. A closer look at the circuit would suggest some kind of Darlington transistor. Anyway, I went to Citroen and they supply the module as a spare and at a reasonable price... so this is your best option.

Citroen Xsara HDI heater fan fault - Collos25
I think GSF sell the kits
Citroen Xsara HDI heater fan fault - eggheed
Thanks for your help

Can you tell me what the kit is called is it speed control or motor control kit

Egg.
Citroen Xsara HDI heater fan fault - Collos25
fan Speed controller resistor pack.