Accdnt-Need to Buy a Japanese car 2-2.5k - mqcgyver
Hi there,
I am relatively new to this site... please be gentle with me. I have a Toyota Corolla 1.6 GTi T reg which unfortunately skidded and hit a pole while we were on holiday in North Wales on New year. The damage looks quite extensive to the front left with some damage to the engine and the battery as well. It looks like a write off to me although the inssurance Engineers are coming to see it. I had bought it on E bay last May for £2250 which I thot was a bargain.

Anyways, now I am looking to buy another Japanese car in a similar price range. I am looking for a 4/5 door car, small to mid sized and made in 2000 or later and ideally less than 50,000 miles. I am in London but can travel if find a good bargain. I was also looking at japanese cars like Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, Yaris, Avensis, Nissan Almera. Skoda fabia and the VW Polo.. and these would be quite good as well. I need the car for the weekends only and I wount use it for commuting.
Any suggestions!!!
Many thanks for looking in.
Accdnt-Need to Buy a Japanese car 2-2.5k - Sprice
Do you mean Corolla 1.6 SR, as didn't realise they did a GTi on the newer models? Anyway, you could obviously get another Corolla, for your 2.5k, or maybe a Civic VTi, which are gems, and quite a few on ebay (some in the London area too), whether 3, 4 or 5 door variants!
Sorry I meant Toyota Corolla 1.6 GLS and not GTi
Accdnt-Need to Buy a Japanese car 2-2.5k - mare
Lot of discussion at the moment re Nissan Almeras. A quick Forum Search (on the right) will find the threads.
Accdnt-Need to Buy a Japanese car 2-2.5k - scott1s
Your budget would get you a good Almera GTi or a Primera GT. BOth powered by the SR20DE lump, which is awesome.
Many thanks for the suggestions.
I have been trying on E-bay and on the loot.com but have been unable to find so far.
Could you please suggest some place or sites where I can search. I even tried on the free ads but no luck
Thanks again
Accdnt-Need to Buy a Japanese car 2-2.5k - barney100
Just try the one on the left of this page ''Auto Trader'' and you can gauge whats about at the moment.