Need I inform my insurance company? - budu
Vandalism damage to my car. £45 bill: not enough to claim and no police report but need I inform my insurance company anyway?
Need I inform my insurance company? - blue_haddock
I wouldn't bother personally - if you have paid it yourself and it hasn't been reported then who knows it's happened?
Need I inform my insurance company? - StevieC
nor wd I
Need I inform my insurance company? - Dynamic Dave
The main thing is to report it to the police. Even if they don't do anything, at least the crime figures for your area will be that much more accurate.
Need I inform my insurance company? - bell boy
at £45 im sure i read that it wont be recorded as a crime as such but petty vandalism.
Need I inform my insurance company? - Xileno {P}
Technically you should, realistically I don't think anyone would and I certainly wouldn't bother.

So no!
Need I inform my insurance company? - Tim Allcott
Whilst I'd normally agree with Dave, surely if the reported vehicle crime in an area increases the insurance company might take that into account when setting their premiums? It seems a lose lose situation...
Tim{P}
Need I inform my insurance company? - Pugugly {P}
It would be recorded as a crime.There used to be a, Home Office guided, value of £20.00 whereby a crime would not be recorded in respect of damage, I believe that was abolished some years ago - perhaps a Police Officer on the site could confirm ?