Police Informal Caution - bikemade3
What is a Police Informal Caution?
Today i have received notification from local constabulary that the third party i was involved in an accident with has recieved a "Informal Caution for driving without due care and attention."

Is this a written caution or a vist from the boys in blue?
Police Informal Caution - Hamsafar
It means a community support officer with Mr Man tie pins all over his tie went around and tried to have a chat but got nowhere.
Police Informal Caution - Altea Ego
It means its on record but they are not taking it any further.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Police Informal Caution - Pugugly {P}
It'll be a letter.
Police Informal Caution - bell boy
www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm199798/cmstand...m

it says here there is no such thing "An informal caution does not really exist "............comments anyone?
Police Informal Caution - Pugugly {P}
Its not an official thing (hence the word informal), its a letter telling the other driver something along the lines of "the standard of your driving fell below the blah d eblah blah" its an informal caution which superceded the clip round the ear'ole a few years ago. May not be mentioned in any HO publication but what would they know abour Policing anyway. It does what it says on the tin, informal = unofficial. Caution = warning
Police Informal Caution - Bromptonaut
www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm199798/cmstand...m
it says here there is no such thing "An informal caution
does not really exist "............comments anyone?

Oldman you are quoting selectively.

The detailed quote (Hansard) which is Alun Michael speaking in the the Committe stage re clause 61 of the then Crime and Disorder Bill in 1998, give a context and makes the situation quite clear.
Police Informal Caution - bell boy
sorry thought it was the done thing in situations like this,so it will all be recorded then,very good to hear it too.
Police Informal Caution - bikemade3
Car's been repaired and his insurasnce co have admitted liability. I paid the excess up front then about 3 weeks later recieved payment from the third party's insurers for the excess. My insureance company have now closed this matter with no loss of bonus as they have also recovered their costs.