"Fully Funded" Insurance Claim Question - pd
I'm after a quick bit of advice on an insurance claim.

I won't go into details over the accident but basically I was hit by another car at the rear whilst turning right. My insurance company (a reputable one) seem to feel it is almost certainly a no argument case and have recommended I go for a "fully funded" claim via their partners Albany directly against the other drivers insurers.

From what I can gather this means I will not have to pay the excess. I also assume that although I will obviously have the accident recorded the claim won't go on record as me having claimed on my own insurance?

Has anyone made a claim using this method and how did they find it compared to making the claim directly (which elephant are happy for me to do if I wish)?

The car concerned is a year old V70 D5 SE and I think it is quite possible it will be a write off or certainly a large bill so the claim may be substancial.

Thanks.
"Fully Funded" Insurance Claim Question - SteVee
I was rear-ended when driving on my DOC cover.
I handed the claim over to HelpHire - the owner of the car I was driving got a courtesy car (impressive - hiring a car for a 19yr old can be 'difficult') and the car was repaired. I barely lifted a finger and certainly didn't need to pay anything.
I declared it to my own insurers at the time, but they took little interest (no reason why they should), and it's been declared on subsequent policies but hasn't affected the price.
The driver of the car that rear-ended mine didn't contest the claim at all. I even had witnesses (that bit really did surprise me!)

Good Luck with your claim, I hope it's as painless as mine.
"Fully Funded" Insurance Claim Question - Happy Blue!
Yep - I was rear ended two years ago and followed this route. No probs
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Thanks for that. Fortunately I have never been involved in a large motor insurance claim before so I'm not 100% sure of the procedures.

I also have 3 cars on 3 entirely seperate policies (with their own no claims bonus) so I have to go through the process of informing the other two.

The damage to the car looks quite minor at first - it's only when you look carefully the whole car is now ever so slightly a banana shape. I drove it down the road briefly before it was collected to get a view of the damage myself and it was clearly "crabbing" and driving very oddly. There is distortion in both the rear and driver's inner door linings so I'm fairly sure the whole floorpan is bent.

One thing I would add is that Volvo's "WHIPS" anti-whiplash system really works. I reckon I was hit at 30-40mph judging by the amount of damage done to the other car (it looked like the result of an NCAP test) so should be in pain but I have no evident whiplash at all (few bruises elsewhere though).
"Fully Funded" Insurance Claim Question - Cardew
As a matter of interest are the police(assuming they were called) going to take action against the other driver?
Don't know. The police attended and took statements etc. They did say there was a possibility of the other driver (who was quite young) being forced to attend a training course so they didn't make the same error again. In the immediate aftermath of the accident it was quite clear from what was said it wasn't his first accident.

Once I'd given my statement, breath test etc. I left the Police to talk to the other parties and didn't get involved so I don't know what was said.

The course idea sounds a good one to me - not because I particularly want the other driver prosecuted or persecuted but because it might save his life one day. The only other thing which did occur to be was that there was a DVD player on the dashboard of the car. Whether it was operational I do not know but the Police wanted to know where the car was being taken in case they wanted to inspect it.
"Fully Funded" Insurance Claim Question - Group B
I had a car run into the back of mine a few years ago, and I did'nt even have time to make a claim. Before I got round to posting the claim forms, I got a phone call from the other parties' insurance company offering to repair my car immediately without me having to claim. Saved me all the hassle and saved me paying an excess.
IMO just how it should be as the accident was 100% the other parties fault.