road tax - alaska
Hi
Going to buy a car from car supermarket this weekend-car being provided with MOT.
Insurance company says will fax me cover note to drive car back(80 miles to home).
What about ROAD TAX??
The Post Office will not accept faxed copy of cover note to issue road tax disc........
What should I do??
road tax - AngryJonny
Officially, you should put it on a trailer, tow it, and not drive it until you've got a valid tax disc.

Unofficially, in the past I've always risked driving it home, and got away with it. So far. Your risk.
----
Life is complex; it has real and imaginary parts.
road tax - defender
if you carefully trim the fax header from the copy then use it as an original they wont know the differance,or at least it has worked for me many times.it only says the same as the original so whats the harm
road tax - Geordie1
Have you discussed this with the vendor? Is it not already taxed? If not surely the vendor can get it taxed in advance with their dealer block insurance cover. If they want your business they may even let you have the tax for free as a Christmas present!

road tax - Dynamic Dave
What about ROAD TAX??
What should I do??

As mentioned in the following thread, book it in for an MOT, and then cancel the MOT when you get home. (as mentioned by Cliff Pope)

To quote Ruperts Trooper's post, "There's dispensation for both tax and Mot to drive to, and from, a pre-booked Mot test. It must, however, be insured."

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=36954
road tax - Blue {P}
I second the suggestion about trimming the fax down a bit, if done carefully, a good quality fax will look similar to an original, and if you get a PO counter assistant who is dis-interested enough (not a hard task in many areas) you should get it taxed no bother, failing that I would just drive it with no tax.

The chances of getting caught are slim, and if you do get caught the fine is only something like £80 anyway, not enough to put me off collecting my new car!

Blue
road tax - Gromit {P}
Why risk the hassle, when DD has offered a perfectly legal way of getting around the tax problem?

Dave's suggestion will take no longer to arrange and could save a fair bit of hassle later on...
road tax - Dalglish
Why risk the hassle, when DD has offered a perfectly legal

>>

will this work if the car bwing bought is under 2years 11 months old ?