Corsa sxi seimens cd player - ka razy
Looking for help.I have a seimens cdr 2005 cd player,which I presume is the factory fitted unit in a corsa sxi.However when 1st switching it on it makes a horrendous vibrating noise then plays normally.It doesnt happen every time,but when it does a good tap on the side of the unit stops it.Had it back under warranty,but yes you've guessed it, it didnt play up ,and they reported "no fault found".Can anyone advise how to remove this unit (it seems to be held in with 4 very small allen screws) but even with them removed will not budge

help appeciated
Corsa sxi seimens cd player - Altea Ego
Sounds silly, but it might be a defective CD. Happen on the same cd all the time?
--
RF - currently 1 Renault short of a family
Corsa sxi seimens cd player - Dynamic Dave
unit (it seems to be held in with 4 very small
allen screws) but even with them removed will not budge

Those screws are there to prevent oportunist thief from helping himself and delay him by having to remove those screws first. With them removed, you then need a radio removal tool to remove the stereo with. Most car accessory places sell them for a couple of quid. eg:-

www.caraudioplus.co.uk/pp/Radio_Removal_Tools/DIN_...l

Or alternately butcher a coat hanger ;o)
Looking into this further, I see your stereo is what's called a double din unit. Same applies though, except the prongs of the removal tool will be slightly wider apart.
Well that was my first thought,tried various discs all the same.Its annoying to say the least,makes it worse when its an intermittent problem,vauxhall just dont want to know..
thanks dd,so will the same removal tool do,or is it a special vauxhall bit of kit?
ka razy, the double din removal tools are also readily available from most car accessory shops.