Insurance - NCD - leef
Hi Guys,

Well after your previous advice on cars I've decided to buy a silver Ford Mondeo X reg 1.8LX plenty of little extras 30,000 miles Full service history £3,600 looks good, pick her up Friday.

Now the problem I've got is, I've not driven for 8 months so thereofr not been insured for 8 months, but on my old insurance policy I had 7 years No Claims Discount, I've got the certificate with proof etc for whoever my new insurer will be, just wondering will there be a problem with the NCD because i've not driven in 8 months? or will i still get my 7 years? might sound a bit silly but im just not sure?

Thanks in advance everybody, and thanks for the advice on the Ford that everybody gave.

Lee
Insurance - NCD - DavidHM
No, it's a perfectly sensible question.

No claims discount generally expires after two years, although I think that some companies may cause it to lapse after just one and some may offer three.

Make sure you confirm this with any company before accepting a policy (they won't void the policy but may require you to go back to 0 discount if there are any problems, which is highly unlikely to leave them the most competitive, given that you can go on.)

I had no problems going from Budget to Elephant after a year without a car (and therefore, insurance) and maintained my year's no claims.
Insurance - NCD - martint123
After checking confused.com and the like, start looking at the web sites of the better quotes. Some insurers seem to be dropping the perido of time they will accept NCD from a lapsed previous policy.

MoreThan now says
If you have already built up a no claim bonus with another company this can be taken into account in your online quote and usually transferred to your MORE TH>N Policy. Unfortunately, we can�t carry over a no claim discount if you haven�t had car insurance for six months or more.

I haven't had time to check any others.

Martin
Insurance - NCD - mikem
You won't have a problem, Lee. Plenty of insurers accept NCD up to 2 years old. Hastings Direct certainly will.

Good choice on the Mondeo, too.
Insurance - NCD - leef
Thanks guys for you replies,

Lloyds TSB my old insurer have sorted me out with my NCD.
Got the car this morning, its good stuff, new shape Mk4.

Thanks again