Peugeot 406 aircon - Whatdowepayourroadtaxfor
I've bought a 2.0 110 406 HDI 2001 X, and the aircon doesn't blow cold.
1.0 The cabin panel works (display, temp. selector etc.)
2.0 The system responds to asking for a cabin temperature rise by blowing warm / hot air
3.0 The system responds to asking for cabin temp. fall, but blows outside temp. air, not cold
4.0 The A/C button illuminats the A/C on the display - all seems to work

The stock amswer seems to be "re-gas" , but I can't hear any relay clicks or engine load changes when the A/C button is pressed/ depressed

I looked at earlier postings suggesting relays / wiring / fuses / gas pressure sensors & switches, but no indication as to where these are on this model.
Someone said they'd bypassed the system and found that the compressor worked directly connected to the battery, which indicates other faulty components.

Problem is, where are all of these components so I can check them.

Or any other suggestions or very common faults on this model?
Peugeot 406 aircon - Bill Payer
I *think* that if the gas pressure's low, then the compressor won't cut in.
Peugeot 406 aircon - Bromptonaut
I think you need to start with a known good charge of gas and then work forward from there. Similar issues with Xantia (which is mechanically very similar to the 406) were solved by regassing. Should only cost you about £60. Connecting copmonents which may have safety/anti failure interconnects directly over the battery is a recipe for wrecking
Peugeot 406 aircon - CG
I had an X-plate HDi 90, with the same problem. The solution was a re-gas, after which it was fine. The chap who did it said that the pipe joints used on mass-produced cars are not good quality and you can expect to lose around 20% per annum.
Peugeot 406 aircon - nig.xl
Mine went same as yours, had a regass and found the condensor peppered with holes behind the fan. About £140 from peugeot as I recall.
Peugeot 406 aircon - Whatdowepayourroadtaxfor
Thanks guys...looks like a re-gas first!
Peugeot 406 aircon - Armitage Shanks {p}
No point in re-gassing a system with leaks and/or holes in the condenser IMHO!