Car insurance - Howie
I would be grateful for advice on whether or not I ought to declare a motorcyle theft claim when seeking car insurance? I am a 21 year old student and have just passed my test so insurance for my vw beetle is going to cost! I moved onto cars because I had my motorcycle stolen last year. The police caught the cuprit and are prosecuting them and as I had done nothing wrong I claimed and was paid out for the bike(less a retention of £500!). They then bumped up my bike premium from £300 to £1200 thus making sure I did not renew the bike insurance and all other quotes were of a similar amount. So I got a car instead but I have been given conflicting advice by two insurance companies, one says I must declare the claim and have an additional premium to pay the other said it has nothing to do with car insurance and not declare. I am in a dilemma, I do not wish to tell lies but equally I do already feel rather hard done to and have no wish if I can avoid it to have to pay a loaded premium. Views please?
Car insurance - martint123
I'd go for the one that says you don't have to declare it. And get it in writing.
I know that I was asked if I had any car claims when I got bike insurance.

Car insurance - Stuartli
Honesty is the best policy with any insurance company.

Remember too that there is now a comprehensive database that such companies and the police can quickly access.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by