who makes the sat nav in peugeots? - Editor
Hiya. To be precise it's in a 2000 406. The CD ROM disc itself has siemens vdo in the left corner & Navtech on the right.

I expect you can guess what I'm really asking for?!

Whose CD ROM mapping can I update it with? What with all that stuff on ebay, which seems to be banging on about BMW units.

What's a TCM? in sat nav speak

How do I search this site for anything on 'sat nav'? Put these 2 terms into the search & nothing comes back?

Thanks for looking at this & sorry if it's all been covered. Stick a link in & I'll go away happy!

who makes the sat nav in peugeots? - Adam {P}
Can;t help you with the other stuff but the sat nav search is below.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/index.php?url=/forum/search.h...m
No it isn't. Ok - click "FORUM SEARCH" on the right and put "sat nav" in the message body bit.
who makes the sat nav in peugeots? - Timaru

Hi - Go onto ebay, advanced search - enter, VDO Dayton, select, in any country and the discs that you need are the ones that fit BMW, Rover 75, Citroen C5 (pre 06/2003), VW Phaeton, New Mini and a few others.

The TMC function is for later system with dynamic traffic avoidance, discs with TMC will still work in your SatNav which I think is a VDO Dayton MS5000 system with Peugeot software.

Please ignore all I've written above I confused the 607 with the 406. The TeleAtlas site only lists one system for the 406, have a look and see if it's yours.

www.teleatlas.com
Hiya Timaru

Hmm, I can't even find that! Roue I'm taking is to products/navigation cds/DVDs, navshop/ select manufacturer for the fcatory fitted systems.

Brings up something saying all models & then shows a product with a display nothing like mine. How did yo find the model specific breakdown please?

Thank you
Hi - If you go to www.navteq.com you can search by make, model and year, unfortunately it doesn't tell you which system's fitted, just offers you the correct disc at 150 euros.
Ah yes! What I intend to do is match the many 'special' offers on ebay to my sat nav. So I think I'm going to either know who makes it or find a site that will give this matching info. Thank you anyway, much appreciated
Editor,

If you find any useful sites or new information can you email me with it please?

I'm currently looking for some discs for the 406 for Dave but after extensive searches, am coming up short unless he wants to be parted with 200 quid.

Cheers,

Adam
who makes the sat nav in peugeots? - Altea Ego
Editor - It is VDO Dayton MS5000 with Pugeot software and pugeot screen.

The official route is to go to the VDO dayton web site where they can sell you a new map cd. Ebay will find the same just search for MS5000 maps.
OK, that's great, my original post re. MS5000 was right. The 2005/2006 discs have just come out and I suppose because of this there are loads of cheap 2004/2005 discs on ebay (UK & Ireland disc finishing in 3 hrs current bid £8) mostly listed in Germany but a lot of the sellers accept pay pal. Happy hunting.
Excellent, thank you very much. Drinks at the bar for you. Or a virtual met green Espada!

Right then young Adam. It's a race to ebay then!

Have a great weekend everyone.
I wouldn't worry Editor unless you plan on doing a lot of sightseeing in Poland!