Volvo S80 Headlamps - hatman
I have just bought a 2002 Volvo S80 and am wondering if it is possible to run the car without the full headlamps on? I find that if I turn the rotary switch to parking lights when driving only the side lights come on then, but in this mode it is all to easy to leave the lights on all the time. I also find I get a warning bong bong noise when I turn on the ignition.

I'd appreciate hearing from any other S80 owners on how best to run the car headlamp wise

Thanks in advance
Volvo S80 Headlamps - sp30
hey, im not quite in the s80 elite yet but in my ,ahem cough cough 440 there was an overide in the electrics that my local volvo dealer did for.....wait for it FREE and it took moments.
thats all i know about daylight headlamps.
(sp30)>>>force without the aid of judgement will collapse through its own mass.<<<
Volvo S80 Headlamps - pettaw
I would check your manual, on our V40, there is a procedure involving pulling the headlight flasher, turning the knob whilst switching the ignition etc etc. I can't remember exactly but check your book, it might well apply to your car, if not, then the dealer will definitely be able to do it through his computer.
Volvo S80 Headlamps - Happy Blue!
I had an S80 and one some you can change the default to off but on others you can't. Check with a Volvo dealer.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Volvo S80 Headlamps - adverse camber
If you look at your light knob, is there a small flat head screw to the side of the main knob but on the panel for the light knob?

If so use a small / jewelers screwdriver to move it - it has three positions iirc. One of which makes the lights act like a normal cars.

Volvo S80 Headlamps - adverse camber
forgot - you might need to push the screw in before you can turn it.
Volvo S80 Headlamps - SjB {P}
You can switch the DRLs (Daytime running lights) off, but only by paying a visit to your dealer.

The DRLs are infact the normal dipped beam circuit but software controlled by one of the several on board computers to be permanently 'live'.

Your dealer can connect your car to VADIS (Volvo Aftersales Diagnostic and Information System) or the new replacement called VIDA (Vehicle Information and Diagnostics for Aftersales) and perform the change.

You may get away with a freebie but £20 or so is normal.