Cruise Control Vectra problems - Zippy123
I am having intermittent probs with my CC and the dealer says they cant find anything wrong.

Its a current model Vectra 2.2 petrol on an 04 plate.

I always set the CC with the downward (reduce speed) button but on occassion, after setting it, the car accellerates away - quite rapidly.

Other times the CC just will not engage at all (driving 50 mph plus) unless the car is stopped and turned off and restarted.

It sounds like a software problem.

Has anyone got any ideas please?
Cruise Control Vectra problems - Dynamic Dave
I always set the CC with the downward (reduce speed) button
but on occassion, after setting it, the car accellerates away -
quite rapidly.

This button also resumes the previous speed that was set before the CC was disabled which could explain why the car accellerates away - but if the CC hasn't been used since the ignition was last turned off, then it will just remember the current speed. Maybe this is why the car only does it on occasion?

The upper button is the one to press when you want to lock the CC at the current speed.
Other times the CC just will not engage at all (driving
50 mph plus) unless the car is stopped and turned off
and restarted.

The same has happened to mine once, and I've also read of the same happening on a Vectra forum. If I find the thread, i'll post back.
Cruise Control Vectra problems - Dynamic Dave
I've also read of the same happening on a Vectra forum.

From browsing quickly, there is a modification to the clutch pedal spring (providing yours isn't an auto) as the pedal doesn't always come fully back up. When it next happens try lifting the pedal up with your foot to see if the CC then works.
Cruise Control Vectra problems - volvos60T5SE
hi ther, my neighbor had the same problem with a 3.2 GSi model.
All the dealer did was to disconnect the battery and then hold in the 0 or reset button and then turn the igntion on, hope this helps. let me know if it does
Thanks everyone. Going to London tomorrow. If the m25 lets me use it I will let you know.
Thanks guys you were right. Seems to be a case of read the manual!