Jerky Peugeot 306 - Nasty_Nick
Hi,

I've recently bought a 2nd hand 1.4 306 which is only 5 years old so I'm unsure if this is a new or existing fault.

The problem is that occassionally I'll find that when idling, accelerating, or when driving at low revs, the engine jerks, and sounds as though it is misfiring. Its happened 2/3 times in the past week. After I've started and stopped it several times it seems to stop for a couple of days and then randomly restart.

I've also noticed that the trip meter resets itself when the jerking begins. For example, I will drive the car into my local town and it will be fine, and when I come to drive home again, I will start the engine with no problems, but the trip meter will be set to zero, and under the above conditions it will jerk.

To me it sounds like an EMU problem with the meter being reset, but no warning lights appear.

Anyone have any ideas?!

Thanks

Nick
Jerky Peugeot 306 - Nasty_Nick
Just a couple more things to add, as it isnt getting much of a response!!

Will the engine continue to run without the EMU running? Im guessing it would as a fail safe thing, although it would run roughly?

As I was driving today, the trip meter repeatedly reset itself, managing to clock up, at most, 0.3 miles. When the meter was reset, this coincided with the jerking, and possible miss-firing.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Nick