Skoda Felicia Safety - lava_lamp
I was considering the possibility of purchasing a skoda felicia however i noticed the following on the car by car breakdown
'High 7 point death rate from accidents in this model'

This is contary to the folksam crash test results and this post by JohnCD 'I ended up with a Skoda Felicia 1.6 with airbag and ABS. I asked HJ about strength in an accident and he approved it'

Safety is important to me so can anyone tell me where the '7 point death rate' info comes from or clear up the uncertanies I have about this car.

Thanks
Skoda Felicia Safety - bimmer-driver
IIRC correctly its a rating awarded from information gathered from actual, real world accidents. I think it goes up to 9 being the worst down to 1 being the best and the number means how many more times likely you are to suffer serious injury/ die in a major accident ie LR Disco in group 1, Citroen AX group 9, therefore the person in the AX is 9 times more likely to die than if they were in a Disco in the same accident.
I think this is correct, however if it aint someone else will be along to explain better than me soon.
Skoda Felicia Safety - lava_lamp
Thanks for the reply, does anyone know if this information is available to the public ?
Skoda Felicia Safety - Adam {P}
This might be of some use to you;

www.euroncap.com/index.php
--
Adam
Skoda Felicia Safety - JohnM{P}
'Thanks for the reply, does anyone know if this information is available to the public ?'

On HJ's Home page, Useful websites, there are links in section 1 to several sites with test and real-life crash data.
The www.crashtest.com site has links off to many other sites;
the German ADAC site www.adac.de , Click Tests, Crash-tests , has many other interesting tests, eg
mpv 7 seater rear seat safety, SUVs vs a Golf IV, convertibles.

The Austrian site, www.oeamtc.at , from HJ's page, has many of the ADAC reports, plus a comparision of
original Beetle vs Golf II vs GolfIV safety.

The Folksam site can be found directly from:
www.folksam.se/engelsk/index.htm

HTH

JohnM