Recommended E-Bay Items - Ex-Moderator
There is quite a lot of interest in E-Bay these days. There is also a great deal of automotive stuff bought and sold there.

Consequently we get lots of threads in the Backroom about one item or another. I thas been suggested that we might like to try running it in a single thread.

That seems a reasonable idea to me, so we'll give it a go.

We'll run it a bit like the IHAQ threads - restart at 100, try to limit discussion, that sort of thing.

The thread may live or die, and if it lives no doubt the "guidelines" will evolve somewhat.

But lets see how we get on.

To start with I will be fairly lenient with the topic adherence, but it should have at least some relevance to motoring.

By all means make suggestions if you wish.........
Recommended E-Bay Items vol 1 - Imagos
cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=4542...8

well it's finally gone, i hope she's delighted!
Recommended E-Bay Items vol 1 - keo-the-dog
think it might be a wind up winning bidder has 1 feedback for a pink rubber band . still you never know it's 100% positive feedback.
Recommended E-Bay Items vol 1 - BobbyG
For anyone considering buying car mats. I needed some for my Saxo and the cheapest I could get at a dealer was about £20 one size fits all. Citroen wanted £35 for custom fit ones.

I went onto ebay and there were various sellers with Saxo car mats. I plumped for seller "customcarwizard". These have arrived within 3 days, as described they are custom sized for the car and I am very happy with them.

Would recommend them.
Recommended E-Bay Items vol 1 - Imagos
cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...1

somebody's bagged a bargain here. too good to be true?

i'll be intersted to see feedback on this one.
Recommended E-Bay Items vol 1 - Mike H
I've had a pair of these in my Megane for the last 9 months, the drivers one isn't lasting well and it catches on the clutch pedal - but as you say, OK for the money and they do in general fit well.
Recommended E-Bay Items vol 1 - malteser
Do be aware of the very large numbers of scammers bidding on high value items such as cars.
The scam is generally of the "I'll send a cheque for more than my excessively high winning bid and you can refund the difference when the cheque clears" type!
The cheque is, of course stolen or forged and the receiving bank will generally take quite a while before dis-honouring it - usually well after the unhappy seller thinks it has cleared, thus losing both his item & a large chunk of money.
My future son-in-law "sold" a dumper truck for 25% more than the "buy it now price" and received such an email from a yahoo mail account. He told the buyer to "go away" reported it to eBay who, on seeing four similar reports removed the bidder's eBay registration.. At the time the scammer was bidding on 58 - yes 58 high value items!
--
Roger. (Costa del Sol, España)
Recommended E-Bay Items vol 1 - pmh
Whilst not strictly prper to the Ebay thread, the same scam has surfaced with hotel accommodation. An advance booking is made for multiple rooms for a long term conference booking with an overvalued cheque with a request to pass money on to another establishment. Be warned.

--

pmh (was peter)

Recommended E-Bay Items vol 1 - P E
cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4545...1

I emailed the guy and he said there is no gasket problems.
Recommended E-Bay Items vol 1 - sierraman
A friend of mine was selling a vehicle on e-bay,someone cloned his ad,changing a few details,presumably trying to extract a deposit before dissappearing.He had three vehicles for sale,on a one day listing, at the same time,in Glasgow,Leeds and Southampton.As this was easily discovered and would obviously raise suspicions I would think he was not a particularly bright scammer.
Recommended E-Bay Items vol 1 - WhiteTruckMan
I get my mats from ikea. generally hate the place, full of (IMHO) overpriced tat, but the kids love the cheap hot dogs, and I get some doormats at 60p each. Theyre rubber backed, hard wearing and not to thick so can easily be trimmed with a sharp knife. Kitted out the wifes zafira recently for £3.60. From past experience, they seem to do about 3-4 years, but can be swapped round the car for lesser used ones.

WTM
Recommended E-Bay Items - Mapmaker
It's the ultimate in net curtain twitching! Ooh look, he's just bought an Aston Martin. What else does somebody buying an Aston buy? A rubber band - wow! [departure from reality] And look, who did she buy it from. Oh, somebody called johnthevicar. i wonder if he really is a vicar. What do vicars buy. Ooooohhhhh! PVC... and a video... ooh!

A fascinating (no really) insight into how the rest of the world lives. 'I'll be really interested to see the feedback on that.' There must be a PhD dissertation in there somewhere.
Recommended E-Bay Items - Downesi1

Mapmaker, check here if you want your phd written for you..... I'm sure if you pay enough anything is possible!!!

Edited by Avant on 22/03/2019 at 13:57

Recommended E-Bay Items - mfarrow
Mapmaker, it's even more interesting when you find out the items of a poster on here. I did this accidently the other week when I looked at "sellers other items" for a manual I was buying. He won the manual by the way, but for more money than I got mine for. :-D

--------------
Mike Farrow
Recommended E-Bay Items - Imagos
Why do sellers always take photo's of dash with steering wheel upside down?

d'oh!

Recommended E-Bay Items - dakotaleest

That's an interesting question. I haven't seen any good answer here. Check the site xxxx There might be something connected to this question.

(Link deleted)

Edited by Avant on 08/11/2018 at 23:47

Recommended E-Bay Items - FP

Yet another case of an ancient thread resurrected for dubious reasons.

Recommended E-Bay Items - Engineer Andy

Yet another case of an ancient thread resurrected for dubious reasons.

They probably thought they were spamming the .com US website with the same name with that 'high school' reference. The yanks do love their spam.

Recommended E-Bay Items - AmandaMorgan

I like to buy goods on E-Bay. My first offer was a laptop, I use it for 3 years. I use it a lot because a write an essay. Xxxxxx. I recommend this site.

Link deleted.

Edited by Avant on 12/11/2018 at 20:46

Recommended E-Bay Items - badbusdriver

I like to buy goods on E-Bay. My first offer was a laptop, I use it for 3 years. I use it a lot because a write an essay. Xxxxx. I recommend this site.

Well that is about as subtle as a piano dropped on your head from a roof!

Edited by Avant on 12/11/2018 at 20:47

Recommended E-Bay Items - Avant
If you drop a piano down a pit shaft, what do you get?

A flat miner.

(The old ones are the best......that one dates from when we had coalmines.)