HELP! Red light camera! - elisa1
Sunday night in Bristol, and I stop at a set of traffic lights!!! Now don't ask me why I did it because I haven't got a clue I just decided to set off I think that the green arrow to turn left came on! I went partway past the left hand turning and stopped as I realised the traffic at the next junction was coming out! I know I was a complete idiot and I deserve everything I get but what is my likely punishment as the traffic lights had a red light camera on them!! One of those digital ones that they have in Bristol. There are 2 lanes of traffic that this camera is monitoring, but I'm pretty sure it didn't flash!!
Help!! Will it be a fixed penalty £60 and 3 points?
HELP! Red light camera! - Adam {P}
I'm afraid I don't know which camera you're on about but they don't have to flash. Some around here don't. If you're unlucky and it did take your picture, I think it would be £60 and 3 points (and a TS10 endorsement) on your licence.

That's if you're unlucky. Just wait 14 days and you never know!
--
Adam
HELP! Red light camera! - Blue {P}
I'm afraid I don't know which camera you're on about but
they don't have to flash. Some around here don't. If you're
unlucky and it did take your picture, I think it would
be £60 and 3 points (and a TS10 endorsement) on your
licence.
That's if you're unlucky. Just wait 14 days and you never
know!
--
Adam

Snap!

You beat me to it :-)
Blue
HELP! Red light camera! - jbyron
Whats a TS10 endorsement??
HELP! Red light camera! - NowWheels
Whats a TS10 endorsement??

see www.dvla.gov.uk/drivers/endorsem.htm

"Failing to comply with traffic light signals"
HELP! Red light camera! - Blue {P}
Someone who knows what they are talking about will be along to advise you shortly, but I would reckon if it didn't flash (and believe me you would have seen it in the dark, it flashes twice) then you are probably ok.

As the light had turned green for left turn I would imagine that you would not have triggered the camera even though you were trying to go straight on.

I reckon you'll *probably* be ok, but it'll take about 17 days to know for sure.

If you aren't ok it's only a £60 fine and 3 points, TS10 endorsement on the driving licence if I remember rightly.

Blue
HELP! Red light camera! - Imagos
(and believe me you would have seen it in the
dark, it flashes twice)

Incorrect, Traffic signal cameras flash once only. It's speed cameras that flash twice.
The one that flashed me flashed twice. I thought they had to to prove you hadn't reversed over the line?

I didn't get done though. I'd gone through on green.
--
Adam
HELP! Red light camera! - Truckersunite
The one that flashed me flashed twice. I thought they had
to to prove you hadn't reversed over the line?

The offence would be actually crossing the stop line, Therefore even if you reversed you could still get done.
Someone else has said this too. You cross the line (quite literally) and fair enough.

I've seen the same camera that flashed me flash loads of others twice. I guess it flashes twice to work out the speed of the vehicle then?
--
Adam
HELP! Red light camera! - WhiteTruckMan
I'm forever tripping the flippin things. (tractor goes through ok, trailer bogie catches the flash) I just ignore them....

WTM
HELP! Red light camera! - tack
Funny you should mention this episode. I was on my way home from London one Sunday. From City to Bow Flyover. At the city end of the flyover, I went down the ramp towards the roundabout under the flyover. There are lights at the "ronde point" and they were red. I stopped. Then, ahead of me, I saw a green light and went! Nearly got wiped up from the right. The light that went green was pointing at the three o'clock/6 o'clock position giving the come on to traffic to my right and slightly to the rear of me. Mine were still red! Always wondered how many people have been caught by that one.

Anyway, didn't get a tiket for going thro' a red light then.
HELP! Red light camera! - midlifecrisis
Just to remind you. The NIP has to be SENT in 14 days. It may take a little while longer to arrive.
HELP! Red light camera! - Imagos
ok.. ok
they flash twice >>

www.stvincent.ac.uk/Resources/Physics/Speed/road/r...l
HELP! Red light camera! - hillman
On the A6 approaching High Lane is an illuminated sign which lights up when you exceed the 30 mph limit. There are two actually, one at each end of the village. I find them quite useful as I am often a little distracted and forget to come down below 30 mph straight away. That is, they both used to light up, but now only one of them does. The other one looks to be damaged, it looks to me as though it has several bullet holes in it.
I get the impession that someone is miffed at being caught by the Gatso. Also close by is a traffic survey device, a box on the ground chained to a lamp post, with rubber tubes across the road. The tubes had been cut, and remained so for days before they were repaired. The 'young bloods' used to show their contempt for authority by stamping on the brakes whist going over such devices. I think that we lost out on quite a lot of road improvements because of that.