Ford 5000 Radio code - smokie
Just a curiosity...

For some obscure reason I bought a replacement radio on eBay for the wife's Focus.

Then I decided to sell her original.

When I went to find the code, both radios had the same security code.

Are all Ford 5000s the same code I wonder?
Ford 5000 Radio code - Quinny100
They don't all have the same code - the code is calculated from the serial number of the unit concerned. I've no idea what the calculation is but there is a little calculator app knocking around that works the codes out for you and I've never known it to be wrong yet.
Ford 5000 Radio code - Blue {P}
Well, I suppose the odds of you getting one with the same code were about 1 in 9999 or something similar, there can only be so many codes I suppose! :-)

I reckon that won't be a lot worse odds than winning 100 quid on the lottery, although I wait for someone who knows to tell me what the actual odds are!

Blue
Ford 5000 Radio code - David Horn
Match 6 (Jackpot) - 1/5,245,786
Match 5 + Bonus No. - 1/874,298
Match 5 No.s - 1/24,980
Match 4 + Bonus No. - 1/9,992
Match 4 No.s - 1/588
Match 3 + Bonus No. - 1/441

Ford 5000 Radio code - WhiteTruckMan
Well, I suppose the odds of you getting one with the
same code were about 1 in 9999 or something similar, there
can only be so many codes I suppose! :-)

I once had a motor with a coded radio, and it was quite old and didnt lock after repeated attempts. 4 digit code, but you used the pre-sets buttons to enter code. only 6 presets, so was only 1296 codes. brute forced it in about 45 mins.

WTM
Ford 5000 Radio code - trancer
Can't speak for Ford, but on the Wife's Astra old Corsa we needed the code after an alternator change. We went into the local main dealer and asked at the part counter how to go about getting the code thinking we had to bring in the car or provide documentation and the guy there grabbed a scrap of paper and scribbled down a number which worked. I am guessing that it must have been a master code that the dealers use rather than trying to search for each units individual code.