M25 Jct 5 to Jct 9 Whats going on??? - TheGrocer
What is going on with the M25 Jct 9 to 5 anticlockwise this week. Every day at 3:00PM some idiot has run into the back of someone else and the reulting choas has resulted in a 2.5 hour drive home instead of the usual 1 hour.
Why do people drive so frigging close to the car in front...It drives me mad.
You have all seen them on the hard shoulder exchanging details as we crawl past them having spent nearly 3 hours in the hold up they have caused. Accidents happen but most of these cowboys get away with this mass hold up day after day...
Any one got an easy fix? Roadside courtrooms with me as the judge and jury perhaps?? Ok Rant over thanks for listening
M25 Jct 5 to Jct 9 Whats going on??? - Altea Ego
Never mind, you will have lots to toys to play with soon to keep you happy
M25 Jct 5 to Jct 9 Whats going on??? - BobbyG
Every day at 3:00PM some idiot has run into the back of someone else and the reulting choas has resulted in a 2.5 hour drive home instead of the usual 1 hour.

Sounds like a perfect excuse to buy a big Merc with laser distance thingy cruis control!!!!!! :)
M25 Jct 5 to Jct 9 Whats going on??? - frazerjp
Yeh HJ mentions it in his book about this gadgetry that is lethal if used incorrectly!
--
Its not what you drive, its how you drive it! :-)
OK OK... Im just going to load up the CD with Pink Floyd and let the world go byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
M25 Jct 5 to Jct 9 Whats going on??? - PatrickO
They should give penalty points for at fault accidents that don't incur dangerous or careless driving convictions, 3 accidents and you're banned.
M25 Jct 5 to Jct 9 Whats going on??? - PatrickO
Also, I've driven about two thousand miles this week and I've noticed more than ever on motorways that everyone piles into the outside lane and tail-gates each other when there is congestion, middle lane hogging going on to the nth degree, cars just don't use the slow lane anymore. This is fine by me as I'm a truck driver so more room for my good self. I can understand people not wanting to use the slow lane or middle lane with a lot of lorry's about so they reduce the risk of getting taken out but used properly and paying attention to your speed and the traffic around you, you'll find it a lot less stress and you'll be less likely to get rammed into the back of in the fast lane where all these shunt accidents in busy traffic occur. More toll roads please.
M25 Jct 5 to Jct 9 Whats going on??? - djcj
Well Patrick, In last weeks budget the chancelor announced "lorry road user charges" This will an additional tax on lorries on a pay per mile system. (Item 7.52) And Item 7.53 is where he will get the rest of us entitled "national road charging".Sounds like all roads are going to become toll roads.

Clive.
M25 Jct 5 to Jct 9 Whats going on??? - Armitage Shanks {p}
All roads already are toll roads, in that we pay a fortune in various taxes, of which very lttle is ploughed back into construction and maintenance. I shan't object to road charging, once every penny we contribute now is put to the purpose for which is collected. Road charging, a GPS in every car in the country and a bill to every vehicle in the country! Not in my lifetime and not if it is based a Government supplied computer system. Think Passports, CSA, Child income tax credits etc.
M25 Jct 5 to Jct 9 Whats going on??? - v8man
I play a little game on the M25 looking at the cars on the hard shoulder to see which ones have activated air bags. Does anybody know how fast you need to shunt the car in front to set them off?
--
\"Nothing less than 8 cylinders will do\"
very fast , 30 mph should do it
\" Keep doing the same old thing, youll get the same old thing, try something different today!\"
M25 Jct 5 to Jct 9 Whats going on??? - sir_hiss
I wonder if the traffic slows down if two of you just park up on the hard shoulder for half an hour or so swopping details?