00 - Central locking problem - homer 1
Yet another problem (sigh)W Reg ford Focus when i press the button on the key fob to lock the doors you here the locking sound followed by the opening sound, for some reason the car wont lock when i press the key fob (it did last week when i bought the car) it just automatically repoens itself, it does exactly the same when i use the key in the drivers door, the only way i can lock the door is by using the passenger side lock, i guess this does not immobalise the car ,i have just bought a new battery for the Key fob but this has made no difference, can anyone please help me (again)? thanks katherine.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 07/04/2009 at 14:46

Ford Focus Central locking - Adam {P}
Right. I had the EXACT same problem and it turned out to be the DRIVER'S side door catch. Don't take it to Ford as it will cost you £128.16 - trust me. I know!

You can try reprogramming the key just in case (detailed in the manual) but I'd be almost certain that it is the door catch.

From Ford's this cost £50 but you may be able to fix the existing one with a but of WD40.

The car is immobilised when you remove the key so don't worry with that - it's just a bit of a pain.

Good luck,
--
Adam
Ford Focus Central locking - homer 1
Hi adam thankyou for the reply but not quite sure what it is your telling me to do , should i just spray the lock with WD40 or do i try and remove the lock myself (god forbid)
Ford Focus Central locking - allben
Hi, I have the same symtoms on a 2001 Focus Ghia. How did you cure the fault? Thanks