Citroen AX Warning Lights - rtj70
Step son has a Citroen AX 1.4 Diesel. There's two warnings lights I'm not sure off. Hopefully someone can shed some light.

1. When the ignition is turned on, an orange light that I think is the oil pressure light comes on but goes off shortly after starting. It looks a bit like a dip stick on the light with a drop coming off the bottom. Am I right in thinking this is the oil pressure warning light?

2. Today another one (red this time) has come on so not a warning. It looks like a bunch of horizontal wavy lines with a "lid" on top of them. Any idea what this one is?

Thanks... obviously don't have the car manual and looking in a Haynes manual there were no pictures of dash lights.

Rob
Citroen AX Warning Lights - Jamesh266
The "saucepan lid on the sea" warning light is low coolant level. No idea about the other one though. It could be oil level. Oil pressure is usually red.
Citroen AX Warning Lights - rtj70
Thanks. Will check coolant tomorrow. Think the other is oil related but will check when I have some light.

Neither of these lights have been on any of my numerous new cars.... but maybe that's something an old Citroen did better than new VW, Ford, Vauxhall,... Even turned bulb check on the Mondeo diagnostics to see if there was anything similar tonight.

Citroen AX Warning Lights - David Horn
The orange light is the Check Oil Level light. You only need to be concerned if it flashes. The reason it comes on is for a bulb check.

Could someone please correct me if I'm wrong? I have a similar light on my Xsara, but it extinguishes within a second or two of switching on the ignition.
Citroen AX Warning Lights - RichardW
Yep, orange light is oil level. Flashes for about 10 seconds after engine start if it thinks the oil level is low. Notoriously unreliable! The other is the coolant level, and if this comes on things are potentially a lot more serious. This needs physical check on level right away, otherwise bye bye head gasket - especially if it's a 1.4.

--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....